Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #1
Member
 
thegreatoutdoors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 98
What does everyone carry in their Pass Through Storage

Im not really sure if this is the right place for this thread, but here it goes anyway.
Id like to know what everyone carries in their pass through storge? (ie. tools, toolboxes, bbq's etc)
I carry quite an assortment of tools along with a 1/2" drill motor in case I have to operate the slide out, awning or electric jacks if either wont operate electrically. Also we carry a portable charcoal grill(and of course charcoal), Zero gravity chairs(4), and a medium size tote for water hoses, coax cable, and some other misc. stuff.
Is this too much? Id like to everyone's thoughts.
__________________

__________________
2014 Salem 26TBUD
2014 Ford F-250 SuperCrew 4x4
2001 F150 SuperCrew(Retired from service)
thegreatoutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,765
In my fifth wheel, I carry the following things in the front storage compartment:
  • 2 - Zero gravity chairs
  • 2 - kids fold up chairs
  • 2 - adults fold up chairs
  • 1 - awning/patio mat (in bag with tent stakes)
  • 2 - fold up TV trays
  • Misc - assortment of fire cookers (hot dog pokers, marshmellow sticks, s'mores maker, moon pie makers)
  • 2 - between the wheel chocks
  • 4 - plastic tire chocks
  • 1 - table top charcoal grill
  • 2 - fold up Safety Step stools
  • 1 - clothes drying rack
  • 3 - sets of Lynx Levelers
  • 1 - Thermocell lantern + replacement packs
  • 1 - Cheap toolset in own carrying case
  • 1 - Tool bag (mallet, breaker bar, torque wrench, misc. other things)
  • Misc - homemade firestarters, hatchet, paper, etc.
  • Misc - extra parts, caulks, grease, etc. in stacking storage boxes
  • Misc - bin of outside toys for 2 year old
  • 1 - Ladder ball set
  • 1 - Ring toss game
  • Misc - badminton rackets, lacrosse sticks, etc.
  • Misc - pool toys (and pool noodles, floating board)
  • 1 - Spare triangulation stabilizer (JT StrongArms knock off)
  • 1 - Manual crank for slide + landing gear
  • 2 - extra water filters
  • Misc - power cord adapters
  • 1 - 50 amp power cord in 5 gallon bucket
  • Bin - propane lantern, bottles, flashlights, extra batteries
  • 50' - Coax cable
  • 100' - Drinking water hose (4 x 25' sections)
  • Bin - sewer connectors (90-degree elbow, wye, donut, etc.)
  • 1 - Wood/limb Saw
  • 1 - Pinbox safety cover
  • 1 - Jumper cables
  • Bin - occasionally I'll carry a bin with firewood + twigs/small branches (shh, don't tell)
  • 1-3 - 2.5 gallon jugs of water
__________________

__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
SKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,428
Carry what you want to. Only thing I'd recommend against is LPG tanks or high pressure fuel bottles. A slight leak could be real trouble.

Personally, I have a gas grill, camping mat, sleeping bags (was in the old camper and I haven't taken them in.) a few chairs, my telescope and a tool kit. That kit consists of tools to change a tire on either the truck or the camper, electrical repair tools so I can fix anything there, a few other basics like screwdrivers and pliers.

That's my next project, reorganize and see what needs to go and needs to be bought.
__________________
Now-2014 Sierra 346RETS 5er BUB
Then-2002 Keystone Springdale 286RLDS TT

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
BlakeB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 404
Used to carry my DW in there until she got knocked up. Now i'd have to grease her up to squeeze her in there...thats MESSY!
__________________
TT = 2014 Palomino Solaire Eclipse 318TSBHK
TV = 2014 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4L V8
Pit Crew: DW (Robin)
Kids: 3yo DD (Riley), another DD cookin (Kennedy)
Security: 5yo Boxer (Sasha), 14yo yorkie (Porter)...he was married in
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:59 AM   #5
Member
 
thegreatoutdoors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
In my fifth wheel, I carry the following things in the front storage compartment:
  • 2 - Zero gravity chairs
  • 2 - kids fold up chairs
  • 2 - adults fold up chairs
  • 1 - awning/patio mat (in bag with tent stakes)
  • 2 - fold up TV trays
  • Misc - assortment of fire cookers (hot dog pokers, marshmellow sticks, s'mores maker, moon pie makers)
  • 2 - between the wheel chocks
  • 4 - plastic tire chocks
  • 1 - table top charcoal grill
  • 2 - fold up Safety Step stools
  • 1 - clothes drying rack
  • 3 - sets of Lynx Levelers
  • 1 - Thermocell lantern + replacement packs
  • 1 - Cheap toolset in own carrying case
  • 1 - Tool bag (mallet, breaker bar, torque wrench, misc. other things)
  • Misc - homemade firestarters, hatchet, paper, etc.
  • Misc - extra parts, caulks, grease, etc. in stacking storage boxes
  • Misc - bin of outside toys for 2 year old
  • 1 - Ladder ball set
  • 1 - Ring toss game
  • Misc - badminton rackets, lacrosse sticks, etc.
  • Misc - pool toys (and pool noodles, floating board)
  • 1 - Spare triangulation stabilizer (JT StrongArms knock off)
  • 1 - Manual crank for slide + landing gear
  • 2 - extra water filters
  • Misc - power cord adapters
  • 1 - 50 amp power cord in 5 gallon bucket
  • Bin - propane lantern, bottles, flashlights, extra batteries
  • 50' - Coax cable
  • 100' - Drinking water hose (4 x 25' sections)
  • Bin - sewer connectors (90-degree elbow, wye, donut, etc.)
  • 1 - Wood/limb Saw
  • 1 - Pinbox safety cover
  • 1 - Jumper cables
  • Bin - occasionally I'll carry a bin with firewood + twigs/small branches (shh, don't tell)
  • 1-3 - 2.5 gallon jugs of water
Is it safe to say that 5ers can carry more weight there?
__________________
2014 Salem 26TBUD
2014 Ford F-250 SuperCrew 4x4
2001 F150 SuperCrew(Retired from service)
thegreatoutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #6
Member
 
thegreatoutdoors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
Carry what you want to. Only thing I'd recommend against is LPG tanks or high pressure fuel bottles. A slight leak could be real trouble.

Personally, I have a gas grill, camping mat, sleeping bags (was in the old camper and I haven't taken them in.) a few chairs, my telescope and a tool kit. That kit consists of tools to change a tire on either the truck or the camper, electrical repair tools so I can fix anything there, a few other basics like screwdrivers and pliers.

That's my next project, reorganize and see what needs to go and needs to be bought.
Thats always my intent, but for some reason I always find a need for something else in there, especially when it comes to tools. I have a hard time convincing myself to cut back.
__________________
2014 Salem 26TBUD
2014 Ford F-250 SuperCrew 4x4
2001 F150 SuperCrew(Retired from service)
thegreatoutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #7
Member
 
thegreatoutdoors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeB View Post
Used to carry my DW in there until she got knocked up. Now i'd have to grease her up to squeeze her in there...thats MESSY!
__________________
2014 Salem 26TBUD
2014 Ford F-250 SuperCrew 4x4
2001 F150 SuperCrew(Retired from service)
thegreatoutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 23
Good list, ependydad. But there's no ladder. I was thinking I should bring a ladder.
__________________
bkearney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #9
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatoutdoors View Post
Is it safe to say that 5ers can carry more weight there?
Possibly, but more along the lines of - it's bigger and therefore more fits.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bkearney View Post
Good list, ependydad. But there's no ladder. I was thinking I should bring a ladder.
Drat. I do carry a 1-step step stool. I haven't felt a need for a ladder since I have one on the rear of my camper. And, I also have slide toppers so I don't have to sweep them off or anything. The times that I felt a ladder would be useful, I threw it into the back of the truck and just strapped it down.

When I get serious about carrying a ladder regularly- I'll either strap it to my rear ladder OR more likely spring for one of the collapsible jobs that folds up small. I like the ones that fold down to a 4" square- they could go into an under the camper storage box made out of vinyl fence post cover like I use for my sewer hose.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
jlbreaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South, La. AKA Cajun Country
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeB View Post
Used to carry my DW in there until she got knocked up. Now i'd have to grease her up to squeeze her in there...thats MESSY!
The last statement he ever posted! LOL
__________________

__________________
2011 Puma Unleashed 365 QLB
2006 GMC HD Sierra SLT quad cab 4x4 6.6L LBZ Allison tranny
2008 Arctic Cat Prowler 650 H1
2006 Polaris H.O. 500EFI Sportsman
1996 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
jlbreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
storage

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.