Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2015, 09:46 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
Gleaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Idaho
Posts: 279
I have a 2012 Hemi 1/2 work driver and a 2012 2500 Cummins.
The Hemi will tow my 35' V-Lite......in flat country it would probably be fine.


P.S. It isn't close to flat here.
The Cummins seems like it idles.....and the exhaust brake alone is worth it.....here.
__________________

__________________
2015 nights camped (54)
Gleaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:58 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
mike.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
For me, with the campers we were looking at and my inexperience level- I felt like I needed a dually and diesel. It's the only truck I've owned and I'm happy with it.





This is more awesome than Oakman even begins to describe. Fueling up at truck stops is so simple.
'cept the time i pulled in to a Pilot in Az the wrong way
__________________

__________________
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:01 PM   #93
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
'cept the time i pulled in to a Pilot in Az the wrong way

Heh, well usually the truck entrances are well marked. Their is a Flying J in St. Augustine, FL that is a terrible layout. The entry and exit are at the same spot and the road gets buggered. Stopped there twice and hated it.

And then in PA, I hit a local yocal convenience store with truck pumps and was tricked by the dump truck pulled in the wrong way. I ended up driving around twice to make it into the right direction!
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:04 PM   #94
Senior Member
 
mike.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEMig View Post
Initial cost? Fuel mileage while towing? Resale after 10 years? There is a contest. Depends on the needs of the owner. This coming from someone that has also owned diesels.
Resale value. That right there otta make ya wanna buy 2
__________________
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:17 PM   #95
William
 
WEMig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Resale value. That right there otta make ya wanna buy 2
Not necessarily, not after 10 years. The resale curve narrows. Those of us that own trucks for 10+ years, its not the engine that goes out. Its the accessories; interior, body, front ends, trans, etc..
__________________
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:19 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
mike.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Heh, well usually the truck entrances are well marked. Their is a Flying J in St. Augustine, FL that is a terrible layout. The entry and exit are at the same spot and the road gets buggered. Stopped there twice and hated it.

And then in PA, I hit a local yocal convenience store with truck pumps and was tricked by the dump truck pulled in the wrong way. I ended up driving around twice to make it into the right direction!
The one i pulled in to has a pump on each side one is where you put in your CC the other doesn't have anything. So i go inside and pay then go try to fill up. Nothing. Cause i am using the satellite pump i have to take the nozzle off the main pump so i can get fuel out of the satellite pump. What a cluster f
__________________
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:21 PM   #97
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
The one i pulled in to has a pump on each side one is where you put in your CC the other doesn't have anything. So i go inside and pay then go try to fill up. Nothing. Cause i am using the satellite pump i have to take the nozzle off the main pump so i can get fuel out of the satellite pump. What a cluster f

Heh- that sounds like a place I stopped at in West Virginia (I think). Only, I was too stupid to understand the directions given to me (eg, put the main pump nozzle in the garbage can and use the satellite pump; it seems so obvious *now*!). My wife literally had to ask a second time and explain it to me. God bless that woman for more than just her looks.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:25 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
mike.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEMig View Post
Not necessarily, not after 10 years. The resale curve narrows. Those of us that own trucks for 10+ years, its not the engine that goes out. Its the accessories; interior, body, front ends, trans, etc..
Ya but the Diesel went 400k and gasser? Plus who really is looking at resale value on a 10 year old truck?
__________________
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:35 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
mike.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Heh- that sounds like a place I stopped at in West Virginia (I think). Only, I was too stupid to understand the directions given to me (eg, put the main pump nozzle in the garbage can and use the satellite pump; it seems so obvious *now*!). My wife literally had to ask a second time and explain it to me. God bless that woman for more than just her looks.
Well the lady inside the Pilot station had to come out and show me. Gaud what a dumb ass. Lucky for me DW was eating a burger and fries and didn't really give a fat ratz azz
__________________
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:36 PM   #100
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Well the lady inside the Pilot station had to come out and show me. Gaud what a dumb ass. Lucky for me DW was eating a burger and fries and didn't really give a fat ratz azz

Hahahaha. Oh man- that was me! Thanks for admitting that one.
__________________

__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
diesel, gas

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.