Old 05-18-2015, 09:46 PM   #91

I have a 2012 Hemi 1/2 work driver and a 2012 2500 Cummins.
The Hemi will tow my 35' V-Lite......in flat country it would probably be fine.

P.S. It isn't close to flat here.
The Cummins seems like it idles.....and the exhaust brake alone is worth it.....here.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:58 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
For me, with the campers we were looking at and my inexperience level- I felt like I needed a dually and diesel. It's the only truck I've owned and I'm happy with it.

This is more awesome than Oakman even begins to describe. Fueling up at truck stops is so simple.
'cept the time i pulled in to a Pilot in Az the wrong way

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:01 PM   #93
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
'cept the time i pulled in to a Pilot in Az the wrong way

Heh, well usually the truck entrances are well marked. Their is a Flying J in St. Augustine, FL that is a terrible layout. The entry and exit are at the same spot and the road gets buggered. Stopped there twice and hated it.

And then in PA, I hit a local yocal convenience store with truck pumps and was tricked by the dump truck pulled in the wrong way. I ended up driving around twice to make it into the right direction!
Old 05-18-2015, 10:04 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEMig View Post
Initial cost? Fuel mileage while towing? Resale after 10 years? There is a contest. Depends on the needs of the owner. This coming from someone that has also owned diesels.
Resale value. That right there otta make ya wanna buy 2
Old 05-18-2015, 10:17 PM   #95
William

Quote:
Resale value. That right there otta make ya wanna buy 2
Not necessarily, not after 10 years. The resale curve narrows. Those of us that own trucks for 10+ years, its not the engine that goes out. Its the accessories; interior, body, front ends, trans, etc..
Old 05-18-2015, 10:19 PM   #96

Quote:
Heh, well usually the truck entrances are well marked. Their is a Flying J in St. Augustine, FL that is a terrible layout. The entry and exit are at the same spot and the road gets buggered. Stopped there twice and hated it.

And then in PA, I hit a local yocal convenience store with truck pumps and was tricked by the dump truck pulled in the wrong way. I ended up driving around twice to make it into the right direction!
The one i pulled in to has a pump on each side one is where you put in your CC the other doesn't have anything. So i go inside and pay then go try to fill up. Nothing. Cause i am using the satellite pump i have to take the nozzle off the main pump so i can get fuel out of the satellite pump. What a cluster f
Old 05-18-2015, 10:21 PM   #97
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
The one i pulled in to has a pump on each side one is where you put in your CC the other doesn't have anything. So i go inside and pay then go try to fill up. Nothing. Cause i am using the satellite pump i have to take the nozzle off the main pump so i can get fuel out of the satellite pump. What a cluster f

Heh- that sounds like a place I stopped at in West Virginia (I think). Only, I was too stupid to understand the directions given to me (eg, put the main pump nozzle in the garbage can and use the satellite pump; it seems so obvious *now*!). My wife literally had to ask a second time and explain it to me. God bless that woman for more than just her looks.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:25 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEMig View Post
Not necessarily, not after 10 years. The resale curve narrows. Those of us that own trucks for 10+ years, its not the engine that goes out. Its the accessories; interior, body, front ends, trans, etc..
Ya but the Diesel went 400k and gasser? Plus who really is looking at resale value on a 10 year old truck?
Old 05-18-2015, 10:35 PM   #99

Quote:
Heh- that sounds like a place I stopped at in West Virginia (I think). Only, I was too stupid to understand the directions given to me (eg, put the main pump nozzle in the garbage can and use the satellite pump; it seems so obvious *now*!). My wife literally had to ask a second time and explain it to me. God bless that woman for more than just her looks.
Well the lady inside the Pilot station had to come out and show me. Gaud what a dumb ass. Lucky for me DW was eating a burger and fries and didn't really give a fat ratz azz
Old 05-18-2015, 10:36 PM   #100
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Well the lady inside the Pilot station had to come out and show me. Gaud what a dumb ass. Lucky for me DW was eating a burger and fries and didn't really give a fat ratz azz

Hahahaha. Oh man- that was me! Thanks for admitting that one.

Tags
diesel, gas