Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2015, 11:26 AM   #1

What is the best tow dolly

What is the best tow dolly. Is it best to get one that ramps come off or stay attached? Ones that has a turn plate or one that you have to keep steering wheel unlock.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:45 PM   #2

I consider the Kar Kaddy SS to be the best but there are many good ones, each with advantages. It is well construcked and will haul a large vehicle, but is also higher priced than most. Things to consider:

What are you planning to tow - weight, width, clearance, etc.

Where will you store it - the SS folds, others can tip on end.

Price - they range widely in price. I think you get what you pay for. Not everyone needs the most expensive one. We bought a used one.

Steering - I would go with a rotating tray at a minimum but there is a risk on some that the dolly tire can contact your vehicle on a tight turn. On the SS, the wheels turn and it tracks well. . I don't think any of them handle real tight turns very well.

Just my thoughts. Hope this helps.
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote