Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2015, 03:54 PM   #181
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: N. Chesterfield VA
Posts: 23
perduepete97 - It was a government fleet vehicle and it still smells new inside so I don't think it was used for much at all. There is a Mitsubishi dealership in Fredericksburg, VA that picks these up from the government auction. They had a couple 2500's that only had 20-22,000 miles on them.
__________________

__________________
j02kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:17 PM   #182
Member
 
Jopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: South shore Massachusetts
Posts: 35
[ATTACH]88063[


2012 dodge durango hemi awd with tow package.
2015 Rockwood roo 23ss
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1441667785.620391.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	88063  
__________________

__________________
Jopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:52 PM   #183
Member
 
Sallen80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 30
30ft avenger. Just sold my 1500 GMC and picked up a 2011 2500
Going to see how she tows next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newTruck2.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	88415  
__________________
Sallen80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:01 AM   #184
Senior Member
 
rmac04401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Adams County, PA
Posts: 1,058
What tows your Forest River?

2002 f150 6.5 bed pulling a 2016 grey wolf toy haulerClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1442030342.782838.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	88416Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1442030470.429619.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	88417

May not look like much but gets the job done👍
__________________
2016 Grey Wolf 26rr
2005 Honda VTX 1300
2002 F150 5.4L extended cab 6.5 bed
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 07:33 AM   #185
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 148
We pull our 2007 34RL W&P 5th wheel with a 2003 GMC Sierra SLT 2500 HD Duramax Alli. 320,000 mi and still going strong.
__________________
036.6turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:33 AM   #186
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,011
I think that every one knows I tow my 5er with a Ford 2004 with the so-called dreaded 6.0. To make a long and sad story short. I have an opportunity to buy a F250 2007 with the same 6.0. Has everything on it to include the HD package. It only has 33,000 miles on it mine now has 134,000. I was just wondering if FORD ever fixed that 6.0 problem on that year truck after being sued. Has all the maintenance records for it to. If anyone of you wrench type people know please let me know.....Thanks ahead of time. By the way FORD just put mine on there computer and said everything is perfect, so not all 6.0 were bad.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:04 AM   #187
Senior Member
 
Rookie19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I think that every one knows I tow my 5er with a Ford 2004 with the so-called dreaded 6.0. To make a long and sad story short. I have an opportunity to buy a F250 2007 with the same 6.0. Has everything on it to include the HD package. It only has 33,000 miles on it mine now has 134,000. I was just wondering if FORD ever fixed that 6.0 problem on that year truck after being sued. Has all the maintenance records for it to. If anyone of you wrench type people know please let me know.....Thanks ahead of time. By the way FORD just put mine on there computer and said everything is perfect, so not all 6.0 were bad.

They did update a couple things form 03 to 07 but they all still have the same problems... Just do your maintenance and if you start to have signs of a failure take care of it ASAP!
Some of them are great and others are bad apples...

I highly recommend either deleting the egr or getting a bulletproof diesel egr cooler.
If you don't put a tuner on it and keep up on maintenance you should go 300k plus with nothing major.

As a precaution I already put head studs in mine since I tuned it because I like the extra power
__________________
Tow rig - 2006 F350 with some goodies
Trailer - 2014 T27FQDX
Toys - 2005 yfz450 with some goodies, 2005 rhino 660
Rookie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:06 AM   #188
Senior Member
 
Rookie19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 160
I will say if you're looking at a the 07 that you should find a local independent shop that specializes in 6.0's to look it over. I don't always truck a dealers word...
__________________
Tow rig - 2006 F350 with some goodies
Trailer - 2014 T27FQDX
Toys - 2005 yfz450 with some goodies, 2005 rhino 660
Rookie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #189
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie19 View Post
I will say if you're looking at a the 07 that you should find a local independent shop that specializes in 6.0's to look it over. I don't always truck a dealers word...
That would be kinda hard for me to do, since I would have to have it transported from California to Virginia, It was my friends truck that passed away suddenly, and it was offered to me. I knew the owner very well and his way of keeping things. He hardly drove it which is bad, but I know it's like new. What is this ERG cooler? It's a HD tow package now, as you can tell I'm not a wrench turner.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:56 AM   #190
Senior Member
 
Rookie19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
That would be kinda hard for me to do, since I would have to have it transported from California to Virginia, It was my friends truck that passed away suddenly, and it was offered to me. I knew the owner very well and his way of keeping things. He hardly drove it which is bad, but I know it's like new. What is this ERG cooler? It's a HD tow package now, as you can tell I'm not a wrench turner.

Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR).... It puts burnt exhaust back through the motor... It's an emissions thing... The problem is that if your coolant gets so hot and you flash boil it you can crack the egr which results in putting coolant into the motor which increases cylinder pressure and blows the head gaskets. It's a chain effect....
__________________

__________________
Tow rig - 2006 F350 with some goodies
Trailer - 2014 T27FQDX
Toys - 2005 yfz450 with some goodies, 2005 rhino 660
Rookie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
forest river

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.