Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2016, 01:50 AM   #21

My current TV is the first diesel I had ever owned. Since I bought it used with no warranty, I purchased an extended maintenance agreement. I asked every friend, acquaintance, even in-laws, that I could think of that had diesels, who they went to for maintenance. To a tee, they all mentioned the same independent garage in our town. I hooked up with them and have been extremely satisfied.
Now, that extended maintenance agreement I mentioned earlier is a whole "nother" story! If you plan on entering into one of those, take a couple years and READ the fine print about what they do and do not cover.

Good luck, my friend.
Rugman1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 02:48 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Davidjeff. That is the best however in the larger city's you probably wont know which tech serviced/repaired your vehicle at a dealer. You either got a ride back to your home or your having coffee and a ? while you wait. Oh and watching the news on the 40" TV.
Find a good independent and stay with that tech where ever he/she goes.
But Mike, I started in a small town of 12k people and now work in a town of 130k connected to an area of 1 million. If you believe you received some outstanding service from an indie or dealer then track down the tech, maybe throw him an extra $20 or something. This will let you know who he is and you will make a huge impression that he will remember. Over time by requesting that tech to work on your vehicle you can build a relationship. Most dealers paperwork does identify the tech by number or similar which can help find him/her. Where I started is 200 miles away and even to this day I have people that make the drive to have me service their vehicles. I make extreme decisions ensuring I keep this relationship with them in suggestions on repairs and service and have actually not received any tips or compensation from them. I have received tips etc... and it always leaves a strong impression in this field.
Davidjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:26 AM   #23

Ford mechanic

Tyson automotive performance : in Snow Hill NC. Is in the middle of nowhere and works on ford trucks fair and honest what makes him special is the local ford mechanics call him when they can't figure it out 🤓 We have our work trucks fixed there
poofam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:00 AM   #24

To the delete shop...

Salt
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:59 AM   #25

We have a local diesel repair guy who is very good and reasonable, I even consulted with him before purchasing my last truck to get his insight on which would be the best purchase for my needs. He steered me away from some of the trucks on my list citing different problems he has had to work on. I figure if I'm taking my truck to this guy I wanted it to be something he has confidence in.
Sometimes he even works for Beer, can't beat that.
2015 Harley CVO StreetGlide
Funhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:24 AM   #26

Just giving my 2c to Davidjeff. I have found when a person responds to a thread it is to help the OP and anyone else with the same type of question. Big or little town.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:26 AM   #27

I never had a car that long, but if you like your current mechanic and the car dealer, then I would continue to go there. You know them, they know you, they know the trucks history, etc.
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Just giving my 2c to Davidjeff. I have found when a person responds to a thread it is to help the OP and anyone else with the same type of question. Big or little town.
I agree totally. I went into detail explaining to help ensure everyone would stop and consider that the tech is as important as the business and people would understand this to open up ideas for everyone.
Davidjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 04:52 PM   #29
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Shaker View Post
To the delete shop...

Salt

Got that right.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, warranty