Old 04-30-2016, 06:49 PM   #11

4 rear wheels equal less sway............ 4500 plus cargo capacity equals no problem with tongue weight.......a truck that out weighs a 1/2 ton by 2000lbs............. equal WDH not needed.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:30 PM   #12

I believe that the vast majority of towing problems are directly related to improper camper loading and " not enough truck "! My inlaws get po'd because I won't let them borrow our TT. Tough cookies, I've spent too much time on hitches and cat scales, making sure i'm safe to be on the road to let some yahoo just hook up and " borrow it for a weekend".

Old 04-30-2016, 10:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugman1952 View Post
I believe that the vast majority of towing problems are directly related to improper camper loading and " not enough truck "! My inlaws get po'd because I won't let them borrow our TT. Tough cookies, I've spent too much time on hitches and cat scales, making sure i'm safe to be on the road to let some yahoo just hook up and " borrow it for a weekend".

Sounds like you are calling your inlaws yahoos. Here that could be a compliment......... (It really Wahoo before I get in trouble)

Why don't you tow it for them? Maybe they will like camping & get their own. Our son is using ours this weekend (No he did not tow it his Fit is a little too small)

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:36 AM   #14

Agree with Oaklevel, while I would not loan my rig to a person who has never pulled a 30 foot plus rig, I do pull and set up the TT for the kids so the grands can campout. Takes a couple of hours each way, small investment of time to get kids/grands involved with camping other than the little bit they get from girl and Boy Scouts. They love it. I have friend that does the same, they set up camp a few days, move out for the kids for a week or so, they love it and it insures the safety of the rig us retires have worked so hard for.
A great feeling to be in a position to share Gods gift of nature with others!!!
Days camped in FR, 2011 = 20, 2012 = 57, 2013 = 59
... 2014 = 39, 2015 = 52, 2016 = 77, 2017 = 81
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugman1952 View Post
I agree , loaned out my trailer many years ago. When they brought it back it had 3 wheels . I asked where the hell is the 4th wheel . The reply was somewhere back on the four lane. So no more being mr nice guy.

Tags
sway, weight