Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2015, 12:02 PM   #1

Wolf Pup 16BHS - weight rating for rear bumper?

Hello...

Does anyone know the weight rating for the rear bumper of a 2016 Wolf Pup 16BHS? I would like to add a
Swagman Two-inch Solid Steel Anti-rattle RV Bumper Bike Rack Adapter
Swagman Two-inch Solid Steel Anti-rattle RV Bumper Bike Rack Adapter - Overstock Shopping - Top Rated Swagman Bicycle Racks
so I can attach our 4-bike Rack to the back of the new TT. However, a couple of the bikes we have are pretty heavy weight. I just want to make sure the rear bumper and bikes are not dragging behind us somewhere down the freeway if I buy the Swagman Bumper Adapter. Any other ideas are appreciated. The adapters I have looked at and read reviews for are all around $30 but I haven't actually read about or found photos of someone using a 4-bike rack in the adapters. Our 4-bike carrier does have a 2" ball as well, we used to tow the pop-up while the bike carrier was attached to the Expedition (pop-up had bike carrier on top and then we had our 4 bike carrier). Now we will not have the carrier options and the bike carrier only has a Towing capacity 3000lbs, Tongue weight 300lbs. So I do not believe we can use it to tow the Wolf Pup (loaded).

Thank you in advance---- I prefer not to haul some of the bikes inside the camper as the boys bikes have been known to get pretty dirty/muddy and we do not clean them off until we get home so we can clean and dry them with ease.
MomofNERM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 01:26 PM   #2

Most likely about 10 pounds! You really never want to mount anything to that bumper. My spare tire is mounted to it and I don't even like that. The end caps on my bumper keep working their way out from the twisting.

Tags
weight