Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2017, 11:21 PM   #21

Let's change "won't " to "will"!!

Call the head robot at Jellystone. Tell them you have access to all the members of this forum, and that you intend to publish their location information if you must post the story of their customer " no-service" BS. Take a screen shot. Follow through. If they're smart, they'll accommodate you. There are plenty of RV parks in Florida. None of us want to do business with any entity that takes such a mercenary stance. You deserve a break.

By the way, did you reserve via a credit card? If so, inform your bank of your situation. They might be able to reverse the charge, even if Jellystone balks.

Good luck!
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #22

This just keeps getting worse: I received a phone call yesterday from the other motorist insurance company. The guy said he wanted to get my version of the accident as they were "trying to determine fault". I informed him that the police should be doing that and he flat out stated that they were trying to determine if I contributed to the accident. I politely told him that I would not answer any questions and that he needed to talk to my attorney. I actually have not contacted an attorney yet but I have one that handled all my small problems when I did have a business and actually did work on his building. My insurance agent tells me that my insurance WILL NOT rent me a vehicle that in Georgia it is the responsibility of the party at fault to offer me a rental vehicle. More BS. I did find my truck at a body shop other than the one which towed it from the scene. At this point we are waiting for a adjuster to come look at my truck to determine damages. The body shop guy stated that he cannot determine IF the firewall is damaged enough to total the truck or not, at his first visual inspection he does not think the frame is bent. It appears that the left front wheel took most of the hit as the upper A-frame is broken in two and the wheel is heavily damaged. He has to put it on the machine to get some laser measurements after they get the fender and door off. Photos are hopefully attached. I'm sure there are those out there who feel the way I do now in that I pay my insurance premiums and hope that I'm never in an accident. But, if/when I am involved in an accident at which i am not at fault I expect my agent to be bending over double and asking "What can I do for you at this time Mr. Chatman". NOT happening that way. YES you do have to show photo I.D. to obtain the accident report which is $5 per copy. I was also informed that if a copy of the report was made then the copy could not be used in any legal litigation as there is a watermark on the papers. The report shows the other party was charged with "traffic light violation" but no numbers of the law he broke. There was on the report that the other party stated tot he officer that he did run the red light as he did not know that there was a traffic signal at that intersection. This is a center-turn lane, five-lane highway with enough traffic lights to direct in a jumbo jet for landing. Yes, I have read all the responses to my first post and will take all this information in and I do Thank You.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3709.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	509.3 KB
ID:	130863   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3710.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	534.1 KB
ID:	130864   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3711.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	425.6 KB
ID:	130865  
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:13 PM   #23
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
This just keeps getting worse: I received a phone call yesterday from the other motorist insurance company. The guy said he wanted to get my version of the accident as they were "trying to determine fault". I informed him that the police should be doing that and he flat out stated that they were trying to determine if I contributed to the accident. I politely told him that I would not answer any questions and that he needed to talk to my attorney. I actually have not contacted an attorney yet but I have one that handled all my small problems when I did have a business and actually did work on his building. My insurance agent tells me that my insurance WILL NOT rent me a vehicle that in Georgia it is the responsibility of the party at fault to offer me a rental vehicle. More BS. I did find my truck at a body shop other than the one which towed it from the scene. At this point we are waiting for a adjuster to come look at my truck to determine damages. The body shop guy stated that he cannot determine IF the firewall is damaged enough to total the truck or not, at his first visual inspection he does not think the frame is bent. It appears that the left front wheel took most of the hit as the upper A-frame is broken in two and the wheel is heavily damaged. He has to put it on the machine to get some laser measurements after they get the fender and door off. Photos are hopefully attached. I'm sure there are those out there who feel the way I do now in that I pay my insurance premiums and hope that I'm never in an accident. But, if/when I am involved in an accident at which i am not at fault I expect my agent to be bending over double and asking "What can I do for you at this time Mr. Chatman". NOT happening that way. YES you do have to show photo I.D. to obtain the accident report which is $5 per copy. I was also informed that if a copy of the report was made then the copy could not be used in any legal litigation as there is a watermark on the papers. The report shows the other party was charged with "traffic light violation" but no numbers of the law he broke. There was on the report that the other party stated tot he officer that he did run the red light as he did not know that there was a traffic signal at that intersection. This is a center-turn lane, five-lane highway with enough traffic lights to direct in a jumbo jet for landing. Yes, I have read all the responses to my first post and will take all this information in and I do Thank You.
This is the game Insurance Companies play. I would retain an attorney immediately and use the attorney as an advocate. Cut off all personal contact with that Insurance company. The other motorist is now hiding behind his insurance. A smart attorney can directly serve the other motorist with notice of intent to recover damages forcing him to inform his insurance of the notice he received, then your attorney can dial-up his insurance company and get things rolling. Otherwise they will delay and stonewall.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:13 PM   #24

Sorry to hear you were involved in an accident with such a nice vehicle. Last June we were involved in accident in NC. There was some of he said we said, an eye witness who could not possibly have seen the accident came forward a day or two later and told yet a third account of accident. Bottom line got the feeling the Cop did not want to get involved in any of it. Basically after at least an hour on the phone with him, he was like the best I will do with this accident is write it up as a no fault accident. What happened with us, our insurance paid for totaled vehicle, we paid the deductible, our rate has not gone up so far. Had the accident got written up as a other driver leaving the scene which was the case, my insurance would had paid it all including the deductible. God luck on the settlemen. Our insurance got a copy of accident report and gave us a copy.
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:29 PM   #25

In Ohio a rental vehicle must be supplied, but not of the same type. Now if vehicle is commercial they must provide a comparable vehicle.
clutchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:18 PM   #26

In PA the insurance company of the woman that totaled my truck provided the rental. They were not happy as not only did I demand a truck but a 3/4 ton too. They had access to several 1/2 tons but nothing heavier. Had a 1/2 ton about 3 days after my lawyer contacted them while they searched for a "like, kind vehicle". Then the vehicle settlement check came. The medical and P&S check took longer.
Good luck and find the nastiest lawyer that specializes in accidents that the insurance companies have not already hired. No need to go into the battle with a slingshot against artillery.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:05 PM   #27
Oklahoma Proud

Op glad your ok for the most part!

Looks like the a pillar is in some, probably will pull though, may need some of the lower a pillar outer replaced.
Im guessing it didnt have side curtain airbags, but there might have been seat belt deployment and that will trigger an airbag light. Not a big deal though, will just add another grand or so to the estimate.
We fix stuff worse than that in our shop all the time.
There is a chance the frame may have some damage, but if the suspension broke, it likely absorbed most of the hit. Usually a frontal hit to the suspension is more damaging to the frame than a side hit.
Just by looking at your pics and not knowing about airbag/seat belt deployment, I'd say you are going to be roughly around $8,000-10,000 for repairs. Give or take a couple grand ($2k is not alot in the bodyshop business)
Probably not going to total it though. Of course that depends on how extensive if any frame damage there is and the labor rates in that area.
labor rates are right around $50 an hour for body with frame and mechanical more.
(We just fixed a audi cx7 or cx 9, can't remember, Total repair bill .....over $30,000. )

I hope the insurance isn't allstate or progressive for your sake. They are....shall we say..."fun" to work with from a shop perspective and even worse as a claimant.
Good luck OP!!
If you need any help or info, pm me and ill give you my #. We deal with all this everyday.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #28

Thanks for all the info, but "MillerTime" your info makes me feel better. I have never actually worked in a body shop but have friends who did and one of my long time friends had his own very successful shop until he got smart then sold out and retired. So I reckon I'm saying that this type damage is not new to me. I'm hoping, very hard, that the "B" pillar/firewall is not damaged to the point that they cannot fix it. The body shop had a 2015 Ford F-150 in the other day when I was there which had been hit head-on. The initial damage estimate was a bit over $15,000 and teh body shop guy said the insurance company didn't even blink an eye-fix it. The cost now has exceed $20,000 and he says they are still paying for the repairs. When I looked at it I could not believe the damage to the stuff attached to the front of the engine. Someone with the other party's insurance called yesterday and one statement he made cut the conversation off immediately: "Mr. Chatman, failure to cooperate with me will mean that it will just take longer to get your truck back". My lawyer has full control of this now. Someone from the other insurance company did call my agent and arrange for a rental vehicle, a small car. My agent called this morning and had that changed to a full size truck. Enterprise in my town does not handle full sized truck unless you special order and that will take 7-10 business days for them to get one in here. They can get a mid-sized truck in here by Friday noon--NOT. Then there are the conditions: 1) Enterprise does not rent full size truck with a trailer hitch unless you have lost the use of a commercial vehicle and can prove that this is what you need. They told me that they act place a plug into any factory hitch and lock it into place. 2) ANY scratch in the bed of a truck, no matter what sized truck, longer than a dollar bill is considered damage and I would have to pay for repair of said scratch--again NOT. Actually I can do with a nice sized SUV as I have to pick up two g'son's' after school on Tuesdays. So I have a brand new Nissan SUV which will do. Hoping the lawyer can light a fire under the other party's insurance company so they will authorized at least the inspection by the body shop to estimate repairs.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:00 PM   #29

Another thing to consider if you have a receipt for the camp grounds and are unable to make it due to your truck not being ready then you can give that to the insurance company and they should pay for it. If you have an attorney then give this to them and let them handle.
Good luck!
Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:42 PM   #30

One thing that gets easily overlooked is telling your story and facts about it over social media. Generally speaking, insurance companies employ investigators to dig up what ever they can about you, if it can save them from paying a claim. Be careful what you reveal here, and on FB, Twitter, etc. Same goes for phone calls from them, once you've lawyer'd up. Something as innocent as - I need a truck / car so I can take kids to a party might get construed into you attended a party, did you drink alcohol, are you ok to drive, medications because of injury, etc. I know some may think it's crazy, but, it does happen. Best to leave case facts to yourself and attorney until the settled case is done.

Although we sympathize with you here, the other guy may be reading what you post and try to use it against you if he thinks he can.
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:13 PM   #31

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
If your truck is not totaled the accident will show up on A Car Fax report. Not many people are willing to purchase a vehicle that's been in an accident. You also want to go after the insurance company for the diminished value of your truck. Difference in sale price between one that's not been wrecked and one that has been in a wreck.

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:29 PM   #32
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cover Dog View Post
If your truck is not totaled the accident will show up on A Car Fax report. Not many people are willing to purchase a vehicle that's been in an accident. You also want to go after the insurance company for the diminished value of your truck. Difference in sale price between one that's not been wrecked and one that has been in a wreck.
Not every state is a diminished value state. Here in Oklahoma we are not. Texas however is. I dont know about the area the OP is in.

Honestly carfax is hit or miss. Honestly my newer vehicles that haven't ever been in a body shop, might have a body shop hit show up since i order mechanical and service parts by vin and have them delivered to our shop.

Being in the body shop business at dealers and independent shops, you would be surprised at how much is, 1- customer pay and 2- just how many new vehicles hit the body shop before they get sold as new.
Probably 1 out of every 10-20 new vehicles has had transport or lot damage. (A ton of new and customer vehicles get damaged in service too).
And by the time you get to the used car lot (at a new dealer, not the slimeball guy on the corner) probably 90% has had some kind of paint or body work, or it still has the damage.
Now granted this is in hail and tornado alley, but we also dont have rust issues like those up north or in coastal areas.
So if a dealer is beating you up on a vehicle with a quality repair.....its just a negotiating technique. You do it too when you notice something on a vehicle your buying that has an issue. The dealers know all this so in reality a wreck is not a big issue. Besides, the report could be anything from a little bumper repair, to something like thisClick image for larger version

Name:	20161102_123303.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	131030Click image for larger version

Name:	20161102_123239.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	131031
Old 03-02-2017, 10:33 PM   #33
Oklahoma Proud

And ended up fitting up with better gaps and lines than what was shipped out of the factory. (Sorry hit the wrong button while attaching pics)Click image for larger version

Name:	20161117_130207.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	131032Click image for larger version

Name:	20161117_130227.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	131033
Old 05-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #34

Finally got my truck back. My truck was delivered to me on May 01 and seems to me to be in better condition than before the wreck. February 23 to May 01 is a long period for me to be without my trusty steed. Not having the truck and with the POS rental car they provided for me led me to do a large amount of cleaning up the yards. This just created a huge pile of "stuff" that needed to be hauled off to the local dump site. It just didn't seem feasible for me to put all that yard debris in the little Nissan they provided me. Yet to be settled: The repairs to my truck exceeded the original body shop estimate by $2500 +/- which puts the total at $8000 +/-. Now the other party's (who was at fault) insurance company is still stating that they will only pay 80% of the damage because I was 20% at fault for not hearing the traffic light change. They have even stated this in a letter to my attorney. When I returned the rental car to Enterprise (note that I did say Enterprise Car Rental) I was informed that I had to pay for the rental of the car from April 22 through May 01 and forfeit the deposit (which the other party's insurance paid) because the insurance company had informed Enterprise that I had received my truck back on April 22, which did not happen. When I went to the body shop to question if they had notified anyone as to me receiving my truck on April 22 the shop manager laughed and stated that on April 22 my truck was on the frame machine for final measuring, which he showed me a print-out from the machine's computer stating that there were no measurable problems with the frame. He called Donegal Insurance to tell them that and they want something in writing to that fact. No problem, the body shop guy stated that he would have it out the next morning. A valuable life lesson learned through this experience. I have my truck back, we're looking at a trip out the weekend of May 11-13 as sort of a shake down trip. So here is a before and after:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3709.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	509.3 KB
ID:	136773   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170504_143425655_HDR.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	417.4 KB
ID:	136774  
Old 05-04-2017, 02:09 PM   #35

IF they were playing that game with me I would be having severe back and neck pain
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:24 PM   #36
Just as confused as you

Looks good. Good luck getting the rest of the crap straightened out.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote