Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2019, 08:54 PM   #1

XD gasser & wolfpack 25PACK12 break in trip

We'll I broke the new truck & trailer in right with a 3400 mile trip to Surgis and back, the truck really impressed me. I usually tow in the 60 to 65 mph range and it did great, plenty of power for a gas truck, the 4pt equalizer hitch did its job, some slight pull from passing semi's but nothing unexpected from a 37ft toy hauler. Trailer weighted out a 10,900 loaded with 2 motorcycles, total weight with truck and trailer was 19,400. So far only 2 problems, the water heater doesn't work on 110vt, so we used gas, I'm going to troubleshoot now that I'm home, and one of the grease fittings for the hubs was missing when I went to grease them in Sturgis, I checked the wheel play and it was fine, so I'll replace it now that I'm home. It was an incredible trip, boy what beautiful places to see in South Dakota, we only spent a few hours in Sturgis, not as wild as I used to be, but we spend 7 days ridding the roads seeing the sights. This was one bucket list trip that I got to mark off !
2020 Wolfpack 25PACK12
2018 Harley Road Glide Special
jdbunch1630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:06 PM   #2

I've worked with this woman's daughter for many years now.

A 59-year-old Omaha woman has died from injuries she suffered in a crash Tuesday afternoon at the Sturgis motorcycle rally, authorities said.

Debra Milota died Friday in Rapid City, South Dakota, after she was involved in a two-vehicle crash Tuesday about 6 miles west of the town of Lead, said the South Dakota Department of Public Safety.

Milota had been driving a motorcycle west on U.S. Highway 14A when she failed to negotiate a curve, crossing the center line into the path of an eastbound motorcycle, the department said in a Saturday press release. Two people on the other motorcycle — a 57-year-old man and a 53-year-old woman — suffered minor injuries, the release said. All three of the injured had been wearing helmets.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:23 PM   #3

We stayed in Rapid City at the KOA, such a sad story. I really didn't see much unsafe ridding while we were about, we normally don't ride at night and most of the nights was in the campsite by dark, or at least in town close eating dinner. My thoughts and prayers will be with her family
2020 Wolfpack 25PACK12
2018 Harley Road Glide Special
jdbunch1630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbunch1630 View Post
We'll I broke the new truck & trailer in right with a 3400 mile trip to Surgis and back, the truck really impressed me. I usually tow in the 60 to 65 mph range and it did great, plenty of power for a gas truck, the 4pt equalizer hitch did its job, some slight pull from passing semi's but nothing unexpected from a 37ft toy hauler. Trailer weighted out a 10,900 loaded with 2 motorcycles, total weight with truck and trailer was 19,400. So far only 2 problems, the water heater doesn't work on 110vt, so we used gas, I'm going to troubleshoot now that I'm home, and one of the grease fittings for the hubs was missing when I went to grease them in Sturgis, I checked the wheel play and it was fine, so I'll replace it now that I'm home. It was an incredible trip, boy what beautiful places to see in South Dakota, we only spent a few hours in Sturgis, not as wild as I used to be, but we spend 7 days ridding the roads seeing the sights. This was one bucket list trip that I got to mark off !

We spent 10 days there with the stay ending 1 week before the Sturgis gathering. The first three days was a family reunion so that time was somewhat scheduled but after that I put a 1000 miles on the bike. The whole area is gorgeous...a standout for me was riding the bike up to the top of the Needles highway before sunrise and drinking my coffee up there while the sun came up.

Neat place..

I'm glad your truck and trailer performed well with only a minor heater issue.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:26 AM   #5

Love that entire area up there. We did Sturgis 6 years in a row with the family. Got a standing reservation at the Palmer Gulch KOA that we were able to reserve each year. Taking the G-kids up there in June 2020 and already have a cabin booked at Palmer Gulch. Can't wait to see their faces when they see Rushmore.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas