Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2016, 05:41 AM   #1

Cool 2007 Charleston wiring diagram

I have had a problem with my bedroom slide, not installed properly at factory, however cables came off bedroom slide due to foam locks not being installed, tangled with wire pulling it out of wall and breaking, run new wire but unfortunately shorted out all power to all four slides in control panel. I feel it is the slide modular however cant physically find it in unit to inspect. Does anyone know where they might have installed, Forest River say they don't have this information on an older coach???
winbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbett View Post
I have had a problem with my bedroom slide, not installed properly at factory, however cables came off bedroom slide due to foam locks not being installed, tangled with wire pulling it out of wall and breaking, run new wire but unfortunately shorted out all power to all four slides in control panel. I feel it is the slide modular however cant physically find it in unit to inspect. Does anyone know where they might have installed, Forest River say they don't have this information on an older coach???

Sounds like a lot of unknowns regarding power supply. My guess there is a DC circuit breaker (inline) could be open. Why not have a pro diagnose it and guide the repair.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:58 PM   #3

On my 2008 Berkshire there are three relays on the ceiling of the basement bay in front of the water bay in the drivers side of the coach. I think they control the slides.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:31 PM   #4

[QUOTE=silver;1205890]On my 2008 Berkshire there are three relays on the ceiling of the basement bay in front of the water bay in the drivers side of the coach. I think they control the slides.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:41 PM   #5

[QUOTE=winbett;1205957]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
On my 2008 Berkshire there are three relays on the ceiling of the basement bay in front of the water bay in the drivers side of the coach. I think they control the slides.
Thanks Silver I will check ceiling of bays in morning, Tech I had doing the work felt it was easier to make a phone call to Forest River than pay him to tear coach apart trying to find as he has had to do in the past. He thought a reputable company like Forest River would have some detail drawing how and where they put these things but Isaac Mongomery (Forest River) stated: "I’d love to help you out, but again I am not a technician or service person. I do not build these coaches, and I’m pretty confident the people who were working production when your coach was built are no longer here." I guess they just tell there installers "you do as you please without diagrams" If I sound frustrated I am, the problems with this coach has been many, often and mostly created by sloppy workmanship, I used to be proud to own a Charleston but now I am embarrassed to let people know what a piece of junk they really are. Thank God for after market warranties!!!!
Old 05-24-2016, 10:42 PM   #6

I wonder if someone else there could better help you.

I've been to the plant several times and have seen how they pre-bundle the wiring harness. The location of controls has to be limited by the wire.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:21 AM   #7

You may be talking to the wrong people at Forest River. These are the go to people for the diesel devision.

Randy has been there well past when your coach was built and he can schedule repairs at the factory if you want. Great people and they stand by the product.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Presentation1.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	108971  
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:18 AM   #8

Quote:
You may be talking to the wrong people at Forest River. These are the go to people for the diesel devision.

Randy has been there well past when your coach was built and he can schedule repairs at the factory if you want. Great people and they stand by the product.
Thanks Silver, I will put these name on my list and defiantly remove Isaac, I cant believe with his attitude he is the first guy you get. They in fact do not stand behind there older mistakes. My coach body was set on the frame with the computer wires in between. It took 6 years and 35000 miles to break through, however it is the one reason I am gun shy with techs at 100 per hour looking for things, problem was just behind rad, and it was a 9 hour bill to find, 20 minutes to repair, Mike simply said too bad coach too old. The freightliner people had 2 hours prior to that just to tell me they could not get a reading. This along with other items showing up over the years is starting to leave a bad taste for there products.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbett View Post

If you can ID the slide mechanism, you can e-mail or phone that company service dept. and ask for a layout wiring diagram for their typical install. At least you'll know components and arrangements. Very doubtful if a module is located centrally, each slide should have it's own. Normally the power will start at a battery bus (within 18") have a inline fuse or circuit breaker and continue to each slide control. FR holds their hands in air for new units to 15 year units. They will sometimes cough up module sketches, never working drawings.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:36 AM   #10

Quote:

WOW, what a difference a person makes, Thank You, Thank You, talked to Mitch Wert, actually concerned with my problem is troubleshooting on his end and getting back to me. My attitude towards Forest River may be changing quickly,maybe they just have to sort out the front line!!!!
Old 05-26-2016, 04:47 PM   #11

Glad to hear that Winbett! What you were describing didn't sound like the same group I've dealt with. Diesel Division has some really exceptional people. They care!

Tags
charleston, diagram, wiring