Old 06-22-2018, 06:37 AM   #1

2008 Charleston Westinghouse TV Replacement

I am trying to replace my original front Westinghouse TV but can't remove it. I removed 4 screws from the wooden frame surrounding the TV but it still won't budge. Also, there is a cable TV connection in the electrical power bay but I can't locate the other end of the cable. I thought it would be in the cabinet with the other cables but apparently not. Maybe behind the TV? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck

chuckndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:12 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Look and see if there isn't a small lever that has to be moved on top of the TV bracket to allow it to come free.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:15 AM   #3

2008 Charleston Westinghouse TV Replacement

Thanks Seadog. I checked and don't see a lever. The flat screen is mounted pretty tight against the frame. I added a couple of pics (hopefully) for clarity.

Much appreciated,
Chuck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4026.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	176935   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4027.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	176936  
Old 06-23-2018, 09:19 AM   #4

Glad you included pics this is like my old Class A and to realize the TV I had to go in from the side cabinets and unbolt the hold down arms. that was on a winnebago so may not be the same with your but take a look.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 06-23-2018, 10:09 AM   #5

There are indeed 2 screws in each cabinet. I'll remove them and see if that does the trick.

Thanks again,
Chuck
Old 06-23-2018, 12:16 PM   #6

spell check put in realize instead of release let the forum know how you get it out so others will benefit from you experience.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 06-23-2018, 04:20 PM   #7

I removed the 4 screws in the cabinets and the 4 screws from the surrounding wooden frame but still no luck. I'll call Forest River Monday to see if they have any suggestions. Will post results.

Thanks,
Chuck
Old 06-24-2018, 01:22 PM   #8

Hi Chuck We have a 2007 Charleston 400QS and I changed the two TV,s . Yes the front one was a pain to figure out. On ours I had to take out the screws in the wooden trim around the front of the TV. Then I had to remove the Vinyl padded trim that is in between the windshield and the back of the TV , this is a piece that wedges up behind the TV and is held on with Velcro. inside were two 7/16 or 3/8 bolts that hold the thin piece of plywood that is attached to the TV and bolted through the steel frame that supports the TV. when you remove the two bolts the TV comes out with the plywood still attached. At least that is how they did it on mine, no telling how they did yours. The cable connection in the electric bay should go to the back of the cable plate inside the coach that goes to your TV or satellite box. On the back of the plate are three cable connections , one for cable , one for satellite and one for 2nd TV.

Hope this helps, good luck
rickkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:12 PM   #9

Hi Rickkey,

I think my configuration may be a little different. There is about a 5" opening between the TV housing and the windshield. The windshield prevents me from getting my big head high enough up to get a good look. There does not appear to be a Velcro panel. After removing the 4 screws on the front panel I can feel the TV move a little bit at the top and bottom but the center appears to be bolted in as you say. I'll keep poking around and see what happens.

Thanks!
Chuck
Old 06-25-2018, 06:17 AM   #10

Chuck I think it sounds the same as mine. The front of the TV moves up and down but feels like something is holding it down towards the back. Well it is the two bolts that I spoke about. You are right that you cannot see in there it is all by feel. I used a mirror to look in there as my head would not fit to see whats going on in there and in my case it is even worse as I am blind in my left eye but I was able to figure it out. You can not see the Velcro as it is tucked up inside and you just need to pull down on the part that runs across the back of the TV. Yes it's A.P.I.T.A Then reach up inside and you will feel the steel frame and the bolts going thru it. Remove the bolts and lift the TV out. Mine was the old flat screen with the big tube and very heavy and I had my friend help lift it out. Don't forget to unplug the TV and disconnect the cable wire before you take it all the way out. We replaced ours with smart TV's that we just love and they weigh about one tenth of the old ones. Please let me know how you make out. Now the bedroom TV was simple , just took the wood trim off and they just put two self tapping screws right through the plastic frame of the TV

rickkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charleston, replacement