Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2016, 03:18 PM   #1

2009 50K mile update

Hello all....I have had many posts here since 2009 when I bought this unit new. Just got back from 2 separate trips, one a 3500 mile trip from TX to CA and back, most recent trip around 1500 miles to Saint Louis. Coach now has 51K miles on it. Overall still happy...but, there are always things breaking.

The CA trip the rear wardrobe slide cable broke again. It appears to have the same issue the kitchen slide had, when they built it the rollers on the bottom do not line up with the aluminum frame, so the rollers dig in, causing the slide to drop, making the cable rub as you go down the road, then bingo, it snaps. On the kitchen slide it bends the cheap gear/arm assembly. Amazon to the rescue, cable kit $20 and half a day of repair. I also installed some aluminum runners on the bottom to keep the slide from falling, so far so good.

On the way back from CA I had my first engine issue, started missing randomly coming thru the mountains in Arizona. Engine light would come on, hesitate, miss, all but shut off, then smooth out and run fine. It did this 4 or 5 times. I pulled over an hour West of Flagstaff, drained the water fuel separator, continued on. It missed only a few more times, pulled into Freightliner in Flagstaff. Hoping they would read the codes for me (NOT)..."remove the Jeep, get the dogs and wife out, get in line"....that was not going to work for us. So I purchased both fuel filters and a bottle of Diesel 911. Went to fuel station, filled up, poured in the treatment. Never missed again. I replaced both filters while home prior to the 1500 mile trip, just returned from that and never missed a beat. I am guessing I got a bad tank of fuel?
gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote