Old 04-27-2014, 11:27 PM   #1

AC Drains

I just purchased a 2014 Charleston and am working out the kinks. One of my issues is with the AC drains. The water from the ACs is running out on the roof and down the outside walls as opposed to draining through the internal channels. Has anyone else faced the same issue? For those of you with functioning drains would you please let me know where the channels end up? Thank you!!

Old 04-27-2014, 11:42 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Don't know of any internal drains, to my knowledge, they all drain on the roof and down the sides/gutters or back of the campers.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Don't know of any internal drains, to my knowledge, they all drain on the roof and down the sides/gutters or back of the campers.

X2
Old 04-28-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Might want to get to the roof and check those gutters. Like the house they will clog and block the channel. You should have a extender at each corner of the roof to direct the water away from the sides of your RV.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by statdoc1 View Post
I just purchased a 2014 Charleston and am working out the kinks. One of my issues is with the AC drains. The water from the ACs is running out on the roof and down the outside walls as opposed to draining through the internal channels. Has anyone else faced the same issue? For those of you with functioning drains would you please let me know where the channels end up? Thank you!!
The ac pan is right at the roof, that is why it drains onto to roof. Most people install the gutter extenders, this will allow the water to fall away from the camper.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 04-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #6
Cyclone

Quote:
Originally Posted by statdoc1 View Post
Statdoc - My Berkshire has internal drains. I see no one that has answered here has a DP, so their experience with their trailers is different. My front A/C has a tube that runs down the front left "A" column of the windshield and drops just behind the front left headlight. My rear A/C is plumbed to a tube that drops at the right rear and drops just behind the rear cowling. Both are PEX tubes and could easily be plugged at the bottom. I've have mixed success with the drains, because I get debris in the collection pan from the condenser. This appears to plug the tubes. If you remove the center vent cover inside the coach, there will be 2 clear tubes behind the foam filter. Take a look there and see if there is anything in there. I've also found that if the coach isn't perfectly level, they don't work very well.

Let us know if you need any other info. Unfortunately my coach went in for repair today, or else I would post you some pics.

Camping nights: 2015 - 19, 2014 - 39, 2013 - 48
beipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #7

Thanks to all of your help. With the beiper's guidance and that of Mitch from FR, I found the internal drains. The front two ACs have drain tubes that runs down the post between the side window and the windshield on the drivers side and the rear air conditioner drains down the inside the rear end cap on the drivers side. The problem with the front AC was the end of the tubing was buried in huge glob of the spray insulation. After digging it out and pulling a vacuum on it, I had a fountain of water come out of it. Thanks again for your input.

Tags
drain