Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2014, 09:53 PM   #1

Ags temperature setting

Hi
My 2014 Charleston is the first MH I have owned with AGS. I was hoping that it was configured to work with the thermostat but it appears that is not the case. So, I am wondering what folks have found as the best temperature setting for the AGS relative to the AC setting. In other words, do you set the temperature on the AGS a couple of degrees higher or lower or the same as the AC? Also does anyone know where the temperature sensor for the AGS is located? Thanks!
statdoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by statdoc1 View Post
Hi
My 2014 Charleston is the first MH I have owned with AGS. I was hoping that it was configured to work with the thermostat but it appears that is not the case. So, I am wondering what folks have found as the best temperature setting for the AGS relative to the AC setting. In other words, do you set the temperature on the AGS a couple of degrees higher or lower or the same as the AC? Also does anyone know where the temperature sensor for the AGS is located? Thanks!
Not familiar with "AGS", please describe its meaning and function.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:15 AM   #3

AGS stands for "automatic generator start". You can set it to start the generator when the temperature rises above a certain threshold or when the battery voltage dips below a certain level.
statdoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by statdoc1 View Post
AGS stands for "automatic generator start". You can set it to start the generator when the temperature rises above a certain threshold or when the battery voltage dips below a certain level.
Gotcha, if you really want that feature in auto (I wouldn't) then you should set the gen to start about 3 degrees less than the AC. That would allow it to come on line and settle before load is applied. I say wouldn't because the gen-set Gas, Diesel or Propane is the least reliable machine onboard an RV for a myriad of reasons. IMO
Old 06-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #5

Why do you say that
Terrilegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrilegacy View Post
Why do you say that

Kinda delayed thought eh? I guess you are asking reliability. It just seems that the small engine have lots of issues with bad fuel pumps, filters, frozen linkage, run time errors, etc. exercise often with or without load, just keep it free. There aren't many engines I keep my fingers crossed while starting! Check the forum threads on this, plenty to read.