Old 06-25-2016, 02:04 PM   #11

Only a good truck tire center will know what your rim and tire are salvageable or not

Old 06-25-2016, 02:56 PM   #12

If it's aluminum, it's scrap.

Even asked about putting an inner tube in, as I also had just a slow leak, but that is now illegal.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Beat the rim with a BFH.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
That pictures is tough to see. Looks more like a stainless wheel cover over steel rim. If so take cover off and beat it back with a hammer. If it is aluminum,. I wouldn't try to bend it and at 100 psi plus, probably not much to plug it up. Find the nearest heavy truck TIRE SHOP. IF YOU are lucky they may offer a road service and come get the tire/rim and try to repair ...... Wonder if an inner tube is an option to get you home on it.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:25 PM   #14

That is an aluminum rim, dont mess with it until you get it and the tire inspected.
The photo showes a spot on the tire as well. You may have damaged the sidewall and could end up with a rupture. You may be safer with service truck visit than risk a crash or damage from a blow out.
Always safety first
Old 06-25-2016, 10:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
That pictures is tough to see. Looks more like a stainless wheel cover over steel rim. If so take cover off and beat it back with a hammer. If it is aluminum,. I wouldn't try to bend it and at 100 psi plus, probably not much to plug it up. Find the nearest heavy truck TIRE SHOP. IF YOU are lucky they may offer a road service and come get the tire/rim and try to repair ...... Wonder if an inner tube is an option to get you home on it.

I would agree.
Hard to think, there would be aluminum wheels in that size, on an Rv..

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 06-25-2016, 10:10 PM   #16
Site Team

I have changed many an aluminum wheel in the 22.5 and 24.5 diameter sizes, in my younger years. This isn't anything new.

Aluminum Wheels - Accuride Wheel End Solutions

http://www.alcoa.com/alcoawheels/nor...t_225wheel.asp

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:11 AM   #17

It is an aluminum wheel. It is for a Freightliner chassis and is made for Freightliner by Alcoa. Unfortunately it is not readily available. I can only find it through a Freightliner dealer and it had to be ordered.

A commercial tire company is ordering in the tire. I am not taking any chances with trying to repair or fix the wheel or the tire. I am calling it a loss and just replacing both. I will have to wait 3-5 days for them to arrive.

Thanks for all of the comments, suggestions, and advice.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano50 View Post
It is an aluminum wheel. It is for a Freightliner chassis and is made for Freightliner by Alcoa. Unfortunately it is not readily available. I can only find it through a Freightliner dealer and it had to be ordered.

A commercial tire company is ordering in the tire. I am not taking any chances with trying to repair or fix the wheel or the tire. I am calling it a loss and just replacing both. I will have to wait 3-5 days for them to arrive.

Thanks for all of the comments, suggestions, and advice.
Good call to replace both! Dano50,is this your "Charleston"? In your profile you list a "Rockwood TT"! Youroo!!
Old 06-26-2016, 08:45 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussPastuch View Post
If it's aluminum, it's scrap.

Even asked about putting an inner tube in, as I also had just a slow leak, but that is now illegal.
I would like to see the written law on that one. I know of a truck tire center near me that saw to fix a flat of a steer tire is illegal and that's bull
Old 06-26-2016, 10:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Good call to replace both! Dano50,is this your "Charleston"? In your profile you list a "Rockwood TT"! Youroo!!
Well actually I don't have a FR product at all anymore. I sold the Rockwood and bought a new Monaco Diplomat. I also posted this in the Monaco forum. I was thinking the Charleston was the closest comparable FR product. That was the first one I saw that I thought fit my situation. I probably could have looked harder for somewhere else to post, but I was mostly wanting to get it up to see what y'all had to say. Great folks on these FR forums. It helped me make the right decision, as usual. Thank you!

Tags
bent

« Air horn | Radio »