Old 09-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
Continuing Updates for my 2009 Charleston

I wanted to update everyone on my travels from this thread:
Charleston purchase - Page 3 - Forest River Forums but its too old to update, so here is a new thread.

My 2009 Charleston is now at 26k miles. The oil leak is completely gone now, other than the grease left inside from the mechanics that's resolved. The kitchen slide out broke this time out, stripping a gear and bending the rear cross shaft. It's my fault kind of, had a computer bag in the space where you shouldn't. During this repair, however, I find that FR put the rear roller in the wrong place, causing it to dig into the wood, as the roller is not on the metal frame where it should be, not sure how I am going to fix that. Shaft is on order now.

Also this time out the Powertech/Kubota generator decided it was going to start shutting off for low oil pressure. Its got 700 hours on it. So I have a new sensor ordered for it.

Last thing is the power transfer switch, as per the previous thread I replaced the piece of junk with 2 outlets and a plug. Its working fine, but I do find that the convenience of the transfer switch is missed. Does anyone know of a good unit I can use, the one shipped to me was a piece of junk, the coach wires would not even fit in the thing, which is why I put in the outlets.

Last thing for now is the rear camera still fades in and out, I am sure its a connection somewhere, just have not been able to find it yet.
gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote