Old 09-24-2016, 12:55 AM   #11
Where is the tank full valve?

chabbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:15 AM   #12
Interesting problem with multiple possible answers. First it does have the symptoms of a leaky check valve. High pressure water from the city water connection is flowing in reverse through the check valve and filling the tank and then overflowing the tank. When the pump is turned on it can't hold pressure since the pressure leaks back through the pump because of the check valve and the pump starts again!

All seem to point to the check valve...and then the question about the "tank fill" valve. My 335 doesn't have one and it has a separate tank fill connection, which frankly is a pain in the...! My 1997 Bounder simply had a valve that went from the pressure side to the lift side if the pump. Open it and city pressure would fill the water tank. In effect it was in itself a leaky check valve.

So...if the OP's rig has a bypass to fill the tank then close it as it might simply be slightly cracked open. Otherwise fix the check valve, after trying the method to remove whatever might be blocking it.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:41 AM   #13
So I agree with the check valve assessment, but I haven't been able to find it. Is it internal to the pump? I've looked all around the pump in the bay that is closed by cotter pins, but don't see anything.
chabbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:50 PM   #14
It is built in, had to replace the pump.
Can always put in a manual shutoff but would be a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Charleston 430RB
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:20 PM   #15
Me too. New pump.

Love my Wildcat 295RSX!

Tom & Renée
Durham, NC

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote

city water, drain, water