First Trip this year
Just got back from a 3 week, 3,150 mile trip. If you look on this site, I have posted everything since buying this coach brand new back in 2009, so here is an update for this trip. Coach is now just under 30,000 miles.
1. The airbags failed to inflate after sitting in a State park in MD for 3 days. Took a google search to figure out raising the jacks may help, it did, still not sure why, as the jacks are hydraulic and the air bags are air. Possibly taking the weight off the bags made whatever valve is sticking close? Anyway, anyone know where or what valve controls this, I need to get one ordered. It has stuck a few times since, and by a combination of using the jacks and hitting the brakes have been able to get it to air up.
2. Hit a tree with the rear corner of the passengers side rear slide out awning. It was pitch dark at a State park in GA that we have never been too, very narrow roads, tired...etc. Luckily nothing major hurt, just the die-cast cover, already received the part, just need to get the time to install it and figure out how the awnings work.
3. The 2 front cables on the same slide out broke a day or so later. I don't think it was related to the tree incident, as it worked perfectly a few times, all I know is the 2 cables were frayed and snapped. I removed the wood working so I could get to the chains, removed the broken side, so for the last week I would manually push the one side while the wife would operate the switch. The parts were available on Amazon and should arrive this week. Looks like that will be a fun job....(at least a 6 pack required).
4. The generator would just stop running after 30 minutes or an hour. I have been having issues with this for a while, replaced oil, filter, oil pressure switch, and fuel filter, as the diagnosis lights say it is "low oil pressure". Now it appears its actually the fuel pump that is bad. We did learn that it would never stop running with a single air unit on, so that makes sense. Still need to get that ordered. It's a Kubota unit.
5. Low water warning light. Pulling into MD the warning came on. The reservoir needed about 2 gallons of anti freeze. We did just have the oil leak fixed, so I am guessing it was purging the air out of the system. I filled it up and it seems to be ok now. Anyone else have issues with water in the reservoir? Somewhere I read it may take 5,000 miles to get it fully purged?
6. The underneath slide out tray slid all the way out, the little metal catch seems pretty flimsy and did not stop it. Came all the out and hit the ground. Bent up the mechanism that locks it in place pretty well....a few hours with a hammer and I think this will be ok.
7. While in Florida the steps locked in the out position. Had to climb under and remove the motor, this released a binding situation in the gearing. Re-lubed everything, all seems well again.
Overall, believe it or not, I am still happy with the coach. My wife wants to go get a new one, as she feels too much has gone wrong. I suspect they all have issues. If I had to rely on a dealer or shop to do these repairs, I would probably have a totally different opinion...
2009 Charleston FR
Fort Worth, TX
Jeep Wrangler Toad