Old 07-24-2019, 06:23 PM   #1

Forest River customer service didnít meet expectations

For three weeks I have been trying to get tech help on an 06 Charleston, to no avail. Sent two emails and left multiple voicemails with zero responses. Am I expecting too much, not even the courtesy of a response?
Sorry for the rant, but I am beginning to regret purchasing a Forest River product.

wtbuck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:26 PM   #2

What help are you trying to get? It is an 06, 13 years old. Have you tried getting help here or at a local shop?

bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:50 PM   #3

I understand it is not a new coach, but that in my opinion, does not excuse the lack of response. A simple reply of " the unit is too old and we don't want to fool with it anymore " would have been understood. But no response is inexcusable. I did multiple searches on this forum and got volumes of information, which I am very thankful for. I was having a slide issue and ended up bringing it to a repair facility which diagnosed the problem as two faulty locking mechanisms and have ordered parts to replace them. I still feel FR should have had the decince to respond.
Thanks for your response!
Old 07-24-2019, 07:04 PM   #4

I agree with the need to respond. I have always had good communication with Flagstaff and Salem brands. Glad you were able to fix your new to you motorhome.
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:22 PM   #5

Not sure about it being fixed, but hopefully this solves the problem. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks
Old 07-24-2019, 07:33 PM   #6

Customer Service with lots of large companies has suffered over the years to teh point it's almost non-existent.

Ever call your Cable TV provider? How about Home Depot? You Cell Phone Provider? And last but not least, ever call your Bank (not Credit Union, BANK) and not felt like throwing the phone against the wall at some point in time?

Companies view Customer Service personnel on phones to be an unwanted expense so they push to e-mail inquires. Those can be routed around to those with the knowledge (supposedly) and it's then up to those people to reply. Problem there is how do you respond to hundreds of e-mails a day?

Next option is to outsource Customer Service to call centers where you may be able to understand the person you're talking to. They then take you through a Q&A using a prompter on their Computer screen. Your answer will change the page to another screen and then you either get the "I can't help you but we can schedule a visit from a Service Person" or "just a minute". In the latter case you then have to wait for an undetermined amount of time only to then have a new person come online that starts over.

Gone are the days when customers developed good relationships with those who sold them their "Large Ticket Items" and those "Dealers" made sure that the customer was kept happy.

Just about everything in life has become a commodity and "if you don't buy it, someone else will".

Well maybe it's different when the price is more than let's say $250k. THEN the mft/dlr is more responsive.

Also nice small "niche" companies. Battleborn, Progressive Dynamics, and Renogy have both had good customer service, at least for my needs.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:59 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbuck12 View Post
For three weeks I have been trying to get tech help on an 06 Charleston, to no avail. Sent two emails and left multiple voicemails with zero responses. Am I expecting too much, not even the courtesy of a response?
Sorry for the rant, but I am beginning to regret purchasing a Forest River product.
I'm curious. Did you send emails to Forest River corporate or someone in the Charleston division where your unit was made?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 55; booked = 20
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I'm curious. Did you send emails to Forest River corporate or someone in the Charleston division where your unit was made?
The emails were sent to Mitch Wirth, and the voice mails were left to him as directed by the operator.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:22 PM   #9

I’ve been pleased with the two calls I’ve made to their Rockwood division. The last guy said he’d call me back after looking at a trailer they had there so he could answer my question. He called me within 30 minutes with the solution.
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:23 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbuck12 View Post
The emails were sent to Mitch Wirth, and the voice mails were left to him as directed by the operator.
Since I don't know Mitch, is he employed by F.R. corporate or the Charleston division?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 55; booked = 20
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, customer service, service