Old 01-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #21

Good luck SkrapMoney, you will love it!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #22

I managed to find the price/option sheet. When we went to the dealer, they had one that had been there a year. It did not have a dinette nor the colors we wanted. They asked what it would take for us to buy. We said order us one but give us the price they had for the one on their lot. They agreed, then the FR rep told them he would put in whatever option we wanted and the price wouldn't change. So we did everything pretty much except for the freezer. Anyhow, this is what the option pricing was when we bought.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2012CHARLESTONRETAILORDERSHEET.pdf (67.5 KB, 106 views)

Old 01-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by goscubadive View Post
I managed to find the price/option sheet. When we went to the dealer, they had one that had been there a year. It did not have a dinette nor the colors we wanted. They asked what it would take for us to buy. We said order us one but give us the price they had for the one on their lot. They agreed, then the FR rep told them he would put in whatever option we wanted and the price wouldn't change. So we did everything pretty much except for the freezer. Anyhow, this is what the option pricing was when we bought.
Can I ask what you ended up paying and how much was that off the asking price? Not sure how much I can negotiate them down. I should probably start a new thread for that one.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #24

@scrapmonkey--I just got off the phone (well 12 hours ago) with the Eastern US Forest River representative (Mike Peterson). He said there were some significant interior changes to the Charleston. There will be NO structural changes, same floorplan, but were making changes to fabrics and options for rigs. One example we discussed was that the booth will now be leather. He said it would be a month or two before the new brochures would be out.

Another good thing (for me) is that a new dealer has been located about 2 1/2 hours away from me and they should have 2 rigs shortly (within two weeks). I will be traveling there to spend an hour and take a lot of pictures.

Is there any pictures you still want to see? Anyone else?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensalsa View Post
@scrapmonkey--I just got off the phone (well 12 hours ago) with the Eastern US Forest River representative (Mike Peterson). He said there were some significant interior changes to the Charleston. There will be NO structural changes, same floorplan, but were making changes to fabrics and options for rigs. One example we discussed was that the booth will now be leather. He said it would be a month or two before the new brochures would be out.

Another good thing (for me) is that a new dealer has been located about 2 1/2 hours away from me and they should have 2 rigs shortly (within two weeks). I will be traveling there to spend an hour and take a lot of pictures.

Is there any pictures you still want to see? Anyone else?
Yes please send me some pics in and out. Thank you. Also if theres any new features id like to know about them. Also what is the price on a new one? And let me know what you think. Thanks again.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkrapMoney View Post
Can I ask what you ended up paying and how much was that off the asking price? Not sure how much I can negotiate them down. I should probably start a new thread for that one.
would definitely like to know what sort of a mark up they have on a Charleston. Somewhere I remember a dealer in Michigan saying $239000.
Jayco Greyhawk 31ds 2012
Alan JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #27

Looks like the dealer will have them at the South Carolina RV show at Columbia, SC on 16 February. Apparently, they will have both the Charleston and the Berkshire bunkhouse models. I will keep you posted!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #28

Just got back from the RV show--rain, wind, snow, and just a touch of ice on the road--well worth it!

Spent about an hour with the Forest River Representative (Bob) talking over the rig in detail.

Overall impressions remain high. We were somewhat disappointed with the bunks. They were very dark with no real light except an LED mounted on the DVD player that won't help at all if you wanted to read. Bob and I talked it over, they would throw in a reading light (just like the ones by the Master Bed). Also surprisingly, is poorly constructed storage under the lower bunk. It was not mounted on any gas pistons and would require someone to hold up the bunk while another person placed the items in the compartment. As much as we would love the extra storage, we would rather eliminate this space and gain the 4-5 inches for additional headroom in the lower bunk. As it is, the lower bunk has MAYBE 24-30 inches of clearance to the bottom of the upper bunk.

We really the construction of the kitchen cabinets and construction in general in the interior. NOTHING felt "rickety" or flimsy. Bob confirmed that they could put in a leather booth instead of cloth seats. We also talked about eliminating the master bedroom TV and replace it with more cabinets. Overall VERY good, we are VERY interested!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #29

are they building the Charletons with 40' LCD TV in living room or 32" as it showed for last year. Every other motorcoach in their line has upgraded but the spec are vagur for Charleston.
Jayco Greyhawk 31ds 2012
Alan JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #30

I think it is a 40", seemed pretty huge--to be honest though, our family doesn't watch a lot of TV so that isn't a big thing for us and I might not have noticed. I can send you a picture of it if you want me to email you a picture.