Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #41
Member
 
SkrapMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rocklin, CA.
Posts: 37
Well we finally pulled the trigger after much time and research. In the end we went with a late model 2013 Birkshier. They made some upgrades to the later models as they did the Charlestons. Where very happy and cant wait to hit the road. We pick it up mid next week. We'll post some more thoughts after being on the road a few days.
Thanks for all the info and feedback from everyone.
RV safe everyone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130315_053511.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	25651



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130315_053529.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	25652



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130315_053546.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	25653



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130315_053604.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	25654



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130315_053629.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	25655



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130315_053652.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	25656



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130315_053707.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	25657



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130315_053734.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	25658
__________________

__________________
SkrapMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #42
Member
 
doughboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 82
Where did you buy it from?
__________________

__________________
doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #43
Member
 
SkrapMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rocklin, CA.
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Where did you buy it from?
De Martini RV in Grass Valley, Ca.
__________________
SkrapMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #44
Junior Member
 
greensalsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Really looks awesome! Really looking forward to do the same, probably still stick with the Charleston, late this fall.
__________________
greensalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkrapMoney View Post
Well we finally pulled the trigger after much time and research. In the end we went with a late model 2013 Birkshier. They made some upgrades to the later models as they did the Charlestons. Where very happy and cant wait to hit the road. We pick it up mid next week. We'll post some more thoughts after being on the road a few days.
Thanks for all the info and feedback from everyone.
RV safe everyone.
What upgrades did they do mid year?
__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
JTN8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 619
I actually just ordered a 2014 Berkshire 390BH and below is a list of the changes that I got from the dealer.



-Optional wood accent dash insert.
-Full porcelain tile entry step well...used to be black metal.
-Flex Steel L-shaped sofas in select floor-plans.
-Stainless appliances.
-Hardwood cabinet trim throughout...used to only be wood in the passenger side slide cabinet trim.
-Molded bath sink...under mount now vs. mounted on top of cabinet.
-New booth dinette (larger with a solid surface Corian tabletop).
-Full coach HDMI ready. No more co-ax.
-Larger TV's
-Residential refer option on all floor-plans.
-Stack-able Washer/Dryer option on all floor-plans.
-Larger tires 275 vs. 255. This is due to the increased GVWR. They went up to 32,000lbs from 28,000lbs which gives you another 4000 lbs of cargo carrying capacity.


Hope this helps...


Jason
__________________
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #47
Member
 
SkrapMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rocklin, CA.
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTN8 View Post
I actually just ordered a 2014 Berkshire 390BH and below is a list of the changes that I got from the dealer.

-Optional wood accent dash insert.
-Full porcelain tile entry step well...used to be black metal.
-Flex Steel L-shaped sofas in select floor-plans.
-Stainless appliances.
-Hardwood cabinet trim throughout...used to only be wood in the passenger side slide cabinet trim.
-Molded bath sink...under mount now vs. mounted on top of cabinet.
-New booth dinette (larger with a solid surface Corian tabletop).
-Full coach HDMI ready. No more co-ax.
-Larger TV's
-Residential refer option on all floor-plans.
-Stack-able Washer/Dryer option on all floor-plans.
-Larger tires 275 vs. 255. This is due to the increased GVWR. They went up to 32,000lbs from 28,000lbs which gives you another 4000 lbs of cargo carrying capacity.

Hope this helps...

Jason
Yep this what my late model 2013 has.
__________________
SkrapMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #48
Berkshire 390QS
 
NO3putt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Posts: 1,251
Like the wood dash, looks to be the same configuration as our. Just makes me wonder if we could purchase from FR or their supplier and swap our out. Maybe a question for Randy at FR?
__________________
2011: 54 days, 2012: 218 days, 2013: 175 days, 2014: 196 days
2015: 188 days, 2016: 72 days, 2017: 185
2009 Berkshire, 390QS, and toad
Skip
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
JTN8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 619
How does the new HDMI upgrade work? Did they put a HD video box in so all the TV's get HD from what ever you have selected? Also do all four TV's work off the select box or is the ext tv separate? I heard that the ext tv is not hooked into the video box so u can't watch directv outside. Is this true or do you have any insight on how it all works.

Thank you

Jason
__________________
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #50
Member
 
SkrapMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rocklin, CA.
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTN8 View Post
How does the new HDMI upgrade work? Did they put a HD video box in so all the TV's get HD from what ever you have selected? Also do all four TV's work off the select box or is the ext tv separate? I heard that the ext tv is not hooked into the video box so u can't watch directv outside. Is this true or do you have any insight on how it all works.

Thank you

Jason
Right now I have 2 cable boxes. 1 box for bedroom. The other for the 2 in living room and the 1 outside. So you have to watch the same channel on those 3 tv's.
__________________

__________________
SkrapMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.