Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #1

Return from the factory

I've posted a few threads with regards to our new Charleston, like many of us I was frustrated with how much needed done on a brand new coach. There were enough problems that Forest River felt the coach needed to be serviced at the factory. I just returned from Elkhart and let me say going to the factory was the right decision. Their knowledge and expertise is beyond compare. If we needed to see how something was assembled we just looked at it on the assembly line and talked to the production people. Having all the parts needed to fix the coach on hand was great. They spent days working on our coach. If it wasn't done how I liked it, they did it again. They even fixed things I didn't know needed fixing. I was able to stay a few days at a local camp ground just to make sure all systems were working the way they should. I don't wish that you have the problems that I've had, but I think we can be assured that Forest River will back their products and work with us to see that our coaches are working the way they should. With that said it's now time to start enjoying our new Charleston.
blackttr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #2

Sorry to hear that you had a number of problems but happy to hear that they were taken care of to your satisfaction. I too had a few problems and opted to go to the factory to have them take care of them. I also had the same experience at the factory and was happy that I made the decision to have them work on my coach.

Enjoy!!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #3

If it was done right the first time ,it wouldn't have to be back to the factory.Mine has been back six times for several things.and now they don't want to fix it. Good luck
louis cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackttr View Post
.......Their knowledge and expertise is beyond compare. If we needed to see how something was assembled we just looked at it on the assembly line and talked to the production people......
Sorry, but couldn't help but get a chuckle out of this.
If they weren't sure how to fix something, they referred to the people who didn't get it right to begin with!

Glad that they took care of you and happy to hear everything is working as it should.

Good luck and happy camping.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
Berkshire 390QS

Our Berkshire (New) is in need of repairs also, they wanted it at the factory and the dealer wanted to do it here. They come up to a deal where they would send a factory technician to the dealer to help in the repairs. Time will tell on how they do. Fully agree that Forest River needs to have their quality control doing a better job before it even gets shipped out. would save us time and trouble, and Forest River money in the long run. What kind of problems did you have?
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
2011 Berkshire 390bh

I know of no motor home that comes from the factory and dealer without issue. This includes the big boys like American and Tiffin. I'm seeing major construction problems on many of the other manufacturers forums and a lot of those rigs are a lot more expensive than Forest Rivers. Most of the problems I'm seeing on the SOB (Some Other Brand) forums are pretty severe and make the whole motor home experience more of a night mare than a dream.