Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2019, 06:00 PM   #1

RVS 77613 Rearview camera

Need to replace the Rearview camera in my motorhome and was looking at the RVS 77613 camera system. Does anyone have any comment, pro or con on this system? The coach originally came with a Pioneer system which is no longer available and I can't find anything that is a direct replacement.
wtbuck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:01 AM   #2

Sorry, I posted the wrong part number for the rearview camera, should have been RVS770613 by Rear View Safety. I would appreciate any feed back, pro and con.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:21 PM   #3

I guess no one has any comment on the Rear View Safety rear view camera system. Looked like a good system and had good reviews online.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:41 PM   #4

I have never had to shop for one. Is it plug and play with your current?

My coach is newer, but that would be important to me.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:40 PM   #5

The system is suppose to be plug and play, but does not seem to replace my old system directly. From what I have read, it comes with all the cables and brackets to install. I was hoping to get feedback from someone who had used the system and could give feedback as to installation and operation. Looks like I will have to take my chances, order the system and try it out.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:46 PM   #6

You might want to post your question into the Berkshire forum. More coaches, which might help you get a response of value.

Kevin
Old 09-23-2019, 06:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hordok View Post
You might want to post your question into the Berkshire forum. More coaches, which might help you get a response of value.

Kevin
Don't want to double post, and don't know how to move it. If someone wants to move it, that would be fine.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:01 AM   #8

Camera System/Head Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbuck12 View Post
Need to replace the Rearview camera in my motorhome and was looking at the RVS 77613 camera system. Does anyone have any comment, pro or con on this system? The coach originally came with a Pioneer system which is no longer available and I can't find anything that is a direct replacement.
Without knowing what Year/Floorplan your Charleston is, it's hard to know what replacement cameras would be available. You may want to contact FR Berkshire Part/Service to see if an upfit has already been developed for your obsolete Pioneer head unit.
red0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 03:31 PM   #9

Decided to take my chances and order the RVS-770613-NM-112 rearview camera system from Rear View Safety. It comes with 1 rear camera, 2 side cameras, a 7" color monitor and 66 feet of cable. Hope everything works out, I will post after installation.

It is said the Good Lord does not take away from man's allotted time on Earth the time he spends Camping, Fishing or Hunting. If this be true, I may yet attain immortality!
Old 09-28-2019, 09:20 PM   #10

Hope it's easier than you expect. I really hope you don't need to pull any cable, at least not from the back.

I'll be interested in hearing your story when you're done.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:59 PM   #11

Ok, so I bought the Rearview Safety System camera system and it appears to be a very nice system. I started the installation process and realized I will not be able to use the existing cable running to the back of the motorhome. Does anyone have any experience replacing this cable or any idea how it is routed through the motorhome?

It is said the Good Lord does not take away from man's allotted time on Earth the time he spends Camping, Fishing or Hunting. If this be true, I may yet attain immortality!
Old 10-21-2019, 07:06 PM   #12

That sounds challenging.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:46 PM   #13

Apparently the original cable was coaxial and was routed through the ceiling. I will route the new cable down the rear cap and the along the frame rail to the front of the coach and up to the dash. I am hoping to install rear sensors, and side view cameras, but the main problem will be the cable from the back to the front.

Old 12-11-2019, 07:46 PM   #14

Finally got everything working. Had to run cables from the rear camera along the frame rail too the front end and up too the dash. Then I had to run a cable from each side of the coach too the dash for the side cameras. Also installed four proximity sensors on the rear of the coach. Everything integrates to the seven inch color monitor mounted on the dash. Very happy with the final setup, it was a little work but worth it.

Old 12-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #15

Super, good for you. Hope mine hangs in there for a long time.
Thanks for the Info!!!!!!

2015 Charleston 430RB
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:06 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billr View Post
Super, good for you. Hope mine hangs in there for a long time.
Thanks for the Info!!!!!!

Are you using the factory system or the RVS system, if the RVS how long have you had it?

Old 12-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #17

Nope still using the factory system. it works fine, stay's on rear view almost all the time to watch Toad except when turn signal is on.

2015 Charleston 430RB
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:35 PM   #18

This is a new too me motorhome and the original system had been replaced with a cheap wireless system which didn't work most of the time. I read good reviews for the RVS system so I decided to give it a try, but didn't realize how much work it was going to be to install. Hopefully it will last.