Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2015, 08:41 PM   #1

TV Cable connection for Charleston

Just picked up a 2015 Charleston 430RB and can't seem to find how to watch TV when hooked to Cable? Is there a switch box in this unit somewhere? I did turn off the Antenna amplifier.

2015 Charleston 430RB
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:48 PM   #2

On my Berkshire there is a switch on a cable outlet in the entertainment center. In one position you get OTA and the other is cable.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:02 AM   #3

Go to the TV menu and in set up, ensure it is on cable not ant and then do a channel search. It takes a few minutes but once done, you should have it.

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #4

JTN8
I do believe I found it, there is no cable/ant setting, new TV just needed to do a complete scan on the TV, says it takes up to 55 minutes. That should work, now have to get it hooked up to cable somewhere to test it.....Fun

2015 Charleston 430RB
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:01 PM   #5

You should have an external cable jack that you would hook up to cable in the campground. Once hooked up, it should already run to all of your televisions. You shouldn't have to do anything else.

You are on the right path with running the scan. When you do the auto search scan, it should have asked you if it was antenna or cable.

Hopefully it works for you!

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:12 PM   #6

One thing I think has not been mentioned is that you have to turn off the Antenna Booster also.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #7

My 330TS has a 3-way switch velcro'd to DVD/Amp to choose Ant., Cable or Satellite. Plate one foot away has 12 power socket with push button, green LED and coax connector (which I suspect is for connecting satellite receiver). There is a 4-way splitter under the DVD/Amp which probably sends output to both TV's. Need to find out if any are unused. Will put 75 ohm terminators on the unused ones.
BobHanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHanke View Post
My 330TS has a 3-way switch velcro'd to DVD/Amp to choose Ant., Cable or Satellite. Plate one foot away has 12 power socket with push button, green LED and coax connector (which I suspect is for connecting satellite receiver). There is a 4-way splitter under the DVD/Amp which probably sends output to both TV's. Need to find out if any are unused. Will put 75 ohm terminators on the unused ones.
You don't need terminators on unused splitter connections.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:47 PM   #9

They don't help signal strength or boost signals. Just helps prevent interference entering from unused/unterminated ports. They are good to use and worth a small expense. This is also why most TV coax is RG-6 instead of RG-59 as it is better shielded.
They also prevent reflections (ghosting). 23 yrs as Radio Shack manager. Hope I have not misled too many people!!!
BobHanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:55 PM   #10

I have a 2015 Charleston. The CATV hookup is in the compartment with the shore power cable. Once you're connected to the cable, there's a small black pushbutton on a panel on the right side of the entertainment center, behind the glass doors. One setting is for antenna, the other is for CATV. Just push the button until the cable signal looks good. You will need to rescan the TVs to catch all the channels. The TV's say it will take 50 minutes, but mine usually finish in 5 minutes or so. Good luck!
ckabrahamson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charleston