Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #1

Arkansas campgound

We are planning a trip to Branson in October and would like to stop somewhere around Little Rock for the night. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We have a Rockwood TT and our friends have a 45 ft bus.

Thanks,
Keitha
maconandk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #2

There's a Camping World located in North Little Rock, a few miles in the wrong direction but it's Free to stay there overnight.

Also, and keep in mind, we're new to RV'ing and have only stayed at state parks so far, but I've heard good things from people about the Downtown Riverside RV Park on the NLR side of the Arkansas River off I-30. Convenient, esp. for a one night stay on your way up.

here's the links:
http://www.northlittlerockriversidervpark.com

Downtown Riverside RV Park Details 210100311 Good Sam Club

2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 317SAF
1998 Seaward Fox Cat rigged trailerable sailboat
Our Lake Life Blog
TimeOutRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #3

Check out Cloud Nine just outside Hot Springs. Small but very nice CG with a great view and friendly owners.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #4

Thanks TimeOutRV, I will check into Downtown Riverside, I saw it in the Good Sam book but our friends were concerned with getting the 45 ft bus in and out.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #5

Thanks Sirsea, we plan to spend a few days in Hot Springs on the way back.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #6

We stayed at Catherine's Landing in Hot Springs for our first trip out. Nice place!

2013 Coachmen Leprechaun 317SAF
1998 Seaward Fox Cat rigged trailerable sailboat
Our Lake Life Blog
TimeOutRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #7

little rock seems to a bit out of the way unless u want that as one of ur destinations. i would go to Ft Smith, then Fayettville then cut across to 65. good roads all the way. it is a very scenic drive from Ft Smith to Fayettville (I 540) almost as nice as scenic 7 without the grades and curves.
several acceptable campgrounds in the Ft Smith area.

Little Rock always seems to have road construction. we went thru abt a month ago and it looks like it is finally complete on I 40 at little rock. the construction seems to be more toward conway now.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh View Post
little rock seems to a bit out of the way unless u want that as one of ur destinations. i would go to Ft Smith, then Fayettville then cut across to 65. good roads all the way. it is a very scenic drive from Ft Smith to Fayettville (I 540) almost as nice as scenic 7 without the grades and curves.
several acceptable campgrounds in the Ft Smith area.

Little Rock always seems to have road construction. we went thru abt a month ago and it looks like it is finally complete on I 40 at little rock. the construction seems to be more toward conway now.
65 north out of LR will take you right into Branson and it's a good highway. Why drive 140+ miles west to Ft. Smith and then have to drive 50-75 miles back east just to avoid the 30 miles from LR to Conway?
Old 09-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
65 north out of LR will take you right into Branson and it's a good highway. Why drive 140+ miles west to Ft. Smith and then have to drive 50-75 miles back east just to avoid the 30 miles from LR to Conway?
aaah...oldcoot is right! it is 23 miles farther! would never have guessed that going to little rock then back tracking would be shorter than going streight up. guess it is just my prejudice abt going thru little rock. 504 is very scenic though. thought u might want to see something different on the up and down.

i was going to avoid little rock all together. was either going up 71, 59, or 69.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #10
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh View Post
aaah...oldcoot is right! it is 23 miles farther! would never have guessed that going to little rock then back tracking would be shorter than going streight up. guess it is just my prejudice abt going thru little rock. 504 is very scenic though. thought u might want to see something different on the up and down.

i was going to avoid little rock all together. was either going up 71, 59, or 69.
Going thru LR is a breeze, it's all 4 lane or interstate and 65 north is very scenic also. 4 lane from LR past Conway.

Don't know how you are routing to get to Ft. Smith, but from Texarkana to Ft. Smith is a nightmare with a trailer.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #11

Little Rock camping

Maumelle Corp of Engineers Park is a good place to camp. Easy to get to. If interested let me know, if you need additional, info for LR area.
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg