Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #1

Boomland RV Park, Charleston MO

Headed to Branson MO in a couple of weeks. Planning an overnight in the Sikeston MO area. Found a campground called Boomland in Charleston MO. The Internet reviews are less than favorable. Anyone stayed here that can give some honest feedback on the place?
Old 04-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #2

Hi,

I have overnighted there several times. It cost $12 and there are full hookups. For an overnight you can't beat it. I wouldn't recommend an extended stay.
As far as campfires I didn't see any. The restaurant inside has good food and the gas is cheap. You could probably just pull in and pick a spot, hookup, and leave in the morning and no one would know. I just go inside the store and pay there. I have never encountered anyone at the park checking to see if I paid or not. Pretty laid back.
realredrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
Headed to Branson MO in a couple of weeks. Planning an overnight in the Sikeston MO area. Found a campground called Boomland in Charleston MO. The Internet reviews are less than favorable. Anyone stayed here that can give some honest feedback on the place?
PapaSmurf, 16 miles further west, right at Hwy 62 and I-55 at Sikeston, MO, there is an RV park called Hinton RV. Nice, clean little park. We stayed there last fall on our way back to St. Louis. Also at that exit, on the west side of I-55 (the park is on the east side of I-55) is Lambert's Café, "The Home of Throwed Rolls." Kind of a fun spot to eat, if you've never been there before. Lamberts offers free shuttle service from Hinton RV park to the restaurant and back. Just have the folks at the RV park call the restaurant and they'll send the shuttle for you, and take you back to your RV after you eat. Shuttle service if free, but a couple of $$ tip to the driver gets you a bonus. He'll take you in the side door to the restaurant and get you a table ahead of the (usually pretty sizeable) crowd waiting at the front door for a table.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #4

Boomland is a very basic no frills park but they do have 50 amp service and the nightly rate is just $12. It’s good for an overnight stop.

If you want wifi and cable TV you might consider Hinton RV park in Sikeston just off I-55 at exit 67. It is just about two miles off your planned route. It too is a somewhat basic RV park and the nightly charge is $28 for Good Sam or AARP members. If you stay there do yourself a favor and go to dinner at Lambert’s Café, Home of the Throwed Rolls. The food is plentiful and be ready to catch your hot roll.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #5
phat phrog stunt crew

Mmmmmm...,... lamberts. Throed rows and fried okra. A little bit like cracker barrel, but busier.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
Mmmmmm...,... lamberts. Throed rows and fried okra. A little bit like cracker barrel, but busier.
Mmmm......love me some throwed rolls

Like Cracker Barrel....well except for the atmosphere (roll throwing) and the extra family style serving of some yummy sides!
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #7

Where are you staying once you make it to Branson? We are camping at Indian Point C.O.E. by Silver Dollar City for World Fest.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #8

Boomland...also has an extensive array of fireworks.

You can legally purchase up to 1.75" (commonly referred to as 2") mortars.
We used to go get out stuff there until we got our Federal license.

/now we can order from the maker up to 16" mortars....there really outta be a law
zippyzrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #9
Racin

papasmurf I live in Sikeston can tell you first hand hinton park is a nice place and lamberts is nice hinton park and lamberts are at the same Sikeston exit go right 1-mile your at hinton park or go left at the exit 2- miles your at lamberts and the have rv parking our you can call them from the campground and a free shuttle will take you to lamberts and back to campground don't work for lamberts just lived in Sikeston all my life
Old 06-20-2014, 03:40 PM   #10
Director, FROG

If you ask while you're having dinner, Lambert's will usually let you overnight on their lot. We did it on our way from St. Louis to Florida in December. Also, just across the highway (east side) at the same exit as Lamberts is Town & Country RV Park. Not as good a price as Boomtown, but it's a nice little FHU park, also with a Lambert's shuttle.

Don't drop your "throwed roll." People will laugh. Years ago a friend of ours, a first-timer who thought that "throwed" meant tossed into your hand from the end of the table, had one bounce off of his forehead and right into the giant mug of iced tea that they serve. He didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or spit, but everyone else from several tables around got a good laugh out of it.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:56 PM   #11

Ok. I thought I would update my review a little. I was at BoomLand last month. I was passing through and just wanted to get some sleep. Everything was fine until about 5:00 a.m. One of the locals got into his truck that must not have had a muffler and started racing the engine. This went on for about 20 mins. It was a Sunday morning. I could have complained but I don't think they would have cared.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
realredrebel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charleston