Old 01-05-2019, 03:49 PM   #1

Branson Missouri

Thinking about taking kids to branson for a week in early August. We pull with a chevy 1500 a alpha wolf 26dbh how hilly steep are roads on north side of branson. And any tips on which rv park to use. Planning on going to silver dollar city and white water bay. Kids are 5 boy and almost 4 girl

scocope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:09 PM   #2
Georgia Rally Coordinator

America best cg not to bad. If your coming south from Springfield hills not bad. Later RJD

2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10 gear
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped 2017 62
Days camped 2018 67
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:11 PM   #3

We stayed at the Branson KOA last April. The KOA was not crowded and needed a lot of maintenance after the off season. Sites (gravel) were not level due to recent rains, some sites were covered with last fall's leaves and trash, and bath/laundry areas needed upkeep. We will not stay there again. Keep in mind that the traffic in downtown Branson during the tourist season is brutal! Good luck!

Roberte52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:43 PM   #4
Site Team

We usually stay at Music Mountain Kampground behind the Titanic. Nice and quiet and convenient location. However,if you plan to mostly be out around silver Dollar city, there are a few heavily wooded campgrounds out that way.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:32 PM   #5

We've stayed at Lake Side RV Park which is clear on the other side of Branson from where you're interested in spending time and Shenanigan's which is a few blocks south of the intersection of 76 and 376. Both are clean and well kept. If you are coming from the north, I'd use 13 instead of 65 … fewer long steep hills and just as good a road. Plus 13 ends you up in Branson West where 76 takes you right by Silver Dollar City and the RV parks over that way. Take the James River Freeway off I44 or 65 to get to 13 south and you won't drive thru town.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocope View Post
Thinking about taking kids to branson for a week in early August. We pull with a chevy 1500 a alpha wolf 26dbh how hilly steep are roads on north side of branson. And any tips on which rv park to use. Planning on going to silver dollar city and white water bay. Kids are 5 boy and almost 4 girl

Out Silver Dollar City way are some Corp of Engineers campgrounds that might be what you want. Also check out MO State Parks Campgrounds. It's good to get away from all the shows and big crowds and unwind some at the end of the day.
AFDON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:22 PM   #7

Thanks for the info so far. The highway information is really helpful. Will look into Corp of engineers and state parks. Dont really want one that is in the city. We aren't really show people but thought branson would be nice scenery and fun things for the kids to do.
scocope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:55 PM   #8
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocope View Post
Thanks for the info so far. The highway information is really helpful. Will look into Corp of engineers and state parks. Dont really want one that is in the city. We aren't really show people but thought branson would be nice scenery and fun things for the kids to do.
Yes lots of fun things to do kids or adults. CG your choice as to where you want to be. Close or not so close. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10 gear
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped 2017 62
Days camped 2018 67
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:16 PM   #9

We usually stay at Shenanigan's. It is close to everything but provides a feeling of being further out and they are very friendly. They are helpful booking tickets and providing great suggestions on what to do even getting tickets and delivering them to the trailer. Sites are tight but they give you the perfect spot to park your rig on it to get everything in. They have trimmed the trees back to provide shade but get your awning and slides out. This year a tall ride was built nearby and during the day you can hear some music but I have not heard it when inside only outside when quiet.

We drove through the Corp sites. They had plenty of room but where the full hook ups are there was no shade. I would stay at the electric only sites. There are lots of options out there depending on what you want to do. Lots of things to do there as well and we had a great time.

Enjoy the trip!
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:29 AM   #10
Fulltime family RVer

Iíve stayed at Americaís Best Campground twice now for rallies. Iím not crazy about it otherwise.

I did record a drive-thru video of Stagecoach for some FRFíers:
https://youtu.be/vvNScIXAs6I

There was a state park... Table Rock Marina or something. That was nice.

No idea in any of these to where you want to go while youíre there.

Tags
branson