Old 08-09-2013, 01:26 AM   #1

camp jellystone waller texas sucks

Hope this is in the right forum. If I owned a campground the majority of my money would go towards nice and luxurious bathrooms. It is amazing how many campgrounds take no pride in their bathroom maintenance. We have a pop-up and a campground bathroom is a necessity. The condition of this campgrounds bathroom and shower rooms are embarrasing. No air conditioning. No toilet paper. Shower room floors had no drainage. Shower head came up to my chest. Doors didnt lock. It was obvious they only have cleaning crew come by at 10 each morning. But no maintenance during day or evening. And this is a big campground.

This campground has a nice waterpark which is the main attraction and they charge a lot of money per night. You would think they would care about pop-ups but they treated us like a red headed step child. I wont be going back.

So far in my travels the #1 bathrooms I have found have been at the KOA in hill city, south dakota. THE BEST. that campground is worth the trip by itself. I am going to fort wilderness in october and i can't wait to see their bathrooms.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:24 AM   #2

The no TP thing would certainly be problem... But the rest of what you describe are why we call it roughing it LOL. You should come to my favorite campground... Most of the restrooms are block buildings with 2 stalls (wooden plank doors) and a 50 year old pit. Though they have build two new ones that are private one staller's. The shower houses have curtains and 6 stalls which remind you of high school gym class.

Sorry I'm not trying to pick a fight. I know there are plenty of people who believe RV parks should be as comfortable as home. If you're in this category the best advice I can give is to post on forums like this. Ask for experiences and impressions. Over all maintenance quality has dropped over the last decade with the tumbling economy... Just one of those things we have to put up with to enjoy camping in the great outdoors.

2008 F150 FX4 5.4L & 3.73s
2014 PTM Tracer 3200BHT
Yes...I've finally made it to Prime Time!
Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_native View Post
Hope this is in the right forum. If I owned a campground the majority of my money would go towards nice and luxurious bathrooms. It is amazing how many campgrounds take no pride in their bathroom maintenance. We have a pop-up and a campground bathroom is a necessity. The condition of this campgrounds bathroom and shower rooms are embarrasing. No air conditioning. No toilet paper. Shower room floors had no drainage. Shower head came up to my chest. Doors didnt lock. It was obvious they only have cleaning crew come by at 10 each morning. But no maintenance during day or evening. And this is a big campground.

This campground has a nice waterpark which is the main attraction and they charge a lot of money per night. You would think they would care about pop-ups but they treated us like a red headed step child. I wont be going back.

So far in my travels the #1 bathrooms I have found have been at the KOA in hill city, south dakota. THE BEST. that campground is worth the trip by itself. I am going to fort wilderness in october and i can't wait to see their bathrooms.
After you experience Fort Wilderness bath houses @ Disney, you'll be hard press to find other campgrounds with that level of comfort & cleanliness!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister View Post
The no TP thing would certainly be problem... But the rest of what you describe are why we call it roughing it LOL. You should come to my favorite campground... Most of the restrooms are block buildings with 2 stalls (wooden plank doors) and a 50 year old pit. Though they have build two new ones that are private one staller's. The shower houses have curtains and 6 stalls which remind you of high school gym class.

Sorry I'm not trying to pick a fight. I know there are plenty of people who believe RV parks should be as comfortable as home. If you're in this category the best advice I can give is to post on forums like this. Ask for experiences and impressions. Over all maintenance quality has dropped over the last decade with the tumbling economy... Just one of those things we have to put up with to enjoy camping in the great outdoors.
When I pay $65 a night at a campground I do expect more. The economy hasnt hurt this park at all. Spots sold out all summer because of waterpark. If I go to a state park then my expectations are lowered. But some of the state parks have nice bathrooms now.

We dont rough it or boondock. We use the pop-up as a hotel room to travel. Most of the time we will use KOA's because I can trust their quality.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
Site Team

IMO there's no reason that even an old bathroom can't be clean and well maintained. I don't expect facilities to be gold plated but what you have described sounds like apathy on the part of management. You could contact the camps parent company and let them know they have a problem... http://www.campjellystone.com/

Here's the page to contact them - scroll down a bit: http://www.campjellystone.com/contact/
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #6

Quote:
When I pay $65 a night at a campground I do expect more. The economy hasnt hurt this park at all. Spots sold out all summer because of waterpark. If I go to a state park then my expectations are lowered. But some of the state parks have nice bathrooms now.

We dont rough it or boondock. We use the pop-up as a hotel room to travel. Most of the time we will use KOA's because I can trust their quality.
Exactly. Don't lower your expectations.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
IMO there's no reason that even an old bathroom can't be clean and well maintained. I don't expect facilities to be gold plated but what you have described sounds like apathy on the part of management. You could contact the camps parent company and let them know they have a problem... http://www.campjellystone.com/

Here's the page to contact them - scroll down a bit: http://www.campjellystone.com/contact/
They sent me a nice little survey. I may contact them directly as well. Thanks for the link.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post

THIS!! Seriously, not every place is going to be able to remodel their bathrooms every few years. We all accept that. But just keeping it clean is a bare minimum. Anything less is simply not acceptable.

Quote:

And this - private campgrounds can be very expensive when compared to state parks. Yet you often get much less. People need to be more picky, and post reviews on sites like trip adviser, yelp etc so others will know and stay away.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #9

There is no excuse for not cleaning the bathrooms more than once a day especially in a high traffic facility. DH worked for a campground for over 15 yrs-luckily he didn't have to clean the bathrooms but he sure had to repair them. You'd be amazed at the distruction people do-I'm sure they don't treat their bathrooms in their home like that. Replaceing stall doors 2 or 3 times a month, repairing the holes in the walls, replacing the sink and shower fixtures because someone thought it would be fun to try and pull them out of the wall or unstop the toilets because someone tried to flush a whole diaper down them etc, etc. It's like all their common sense and manners are left at home when they go on a trip.