Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #1

campground in northern minnesota

Can anyone reccomend a good campground in the Grand Marais area of northern minnesota? We have been in that area quite a few times camping in the bwcaw. We really love that area and considered taking our 2012 roo 183 . My son and I usually canoe and camp the bwcaw up the gunflint trail entry points and thought my wife and daughter would also enjoy the area if we could locate a camground with elec hookup for our roo. The Roo has not yet arrived but cant wait until it gets here. We our considering this trip around the 3rd week of july. Thanks everyone.
ranbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:57 AM   #2

I would recomend any state park in the area. We have spent many summers in northern minneasota and have camped in almost everyone from Jay Cooke (which is our favorite) to Cascade River which has no electric, however, there are flush toilets & showers. I, as the only girl in the family can understand wanting these features. I did not mind not having electric, the restrooms were very nice!!! Good luck!! Any of the national forest campgrounds are nice also. However, they are more rustic. (vault toilet yuk) Have a great camping trip!!!

2012 30, 2013 25, 2014 29, 2015 37
hockey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #3

How about the Grand Marais Campground and Marina right in town? It's right on the lake and in town.
MN Annie is offline   Reply With Quote