Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #1
WFD

Devils Lake State Park, WI in April

Picking up our new 5th in MI on Mar 31st...then heading west and north and would be driving North on I-90/94. I noticed that Devils Lake State Park in WI is open year round and they say they keep a dozen sites open and plowed all winter. I was thinking if the weather wasnt too bad I may want to sleep in the trailer as opposed to a hotel. It would just be for 1 night ( Apr 1 or 2nd) as I make my way home. I know water is shut off there till it gets warmer, but electrical is available. Anybody ever stop in there around first week of Apr?

Rick
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:25 AM   #2

Never been there that early in the season but here's a link to the park. Their phone number is on the right at the bottom.

Devil's Lake State Park - Wisconsin DNR
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:25 AM   #3
WFD

Thanks Wiscampin...yeah I saw that site...thats when I discovered they have sites open year round....everything else(showers, bathrooms) are closed though...may not be worth stopping in there and paying the state park fee, camping fee just to sleep...how far off the interstate is the park?

Rick
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #4

Copied from their website:

Directions
Devil's Lake State Park is in south central Wisconsin about 3 miles south of Baraboo.
From the south or east on Interstate Highway 90/94, take State Highway 33 west about 15 miles to Baraboo. Turn left (south) on State Highway 123 and go 3 miles to the park.
From the northwest on I-90/94, go right (south) at exit 92. Take US Highway 12-East about 10 miles to State Highway 159. Turn left (east) on Highway 159 and go about 2 miles to the park. From the south on US 12, turn right (east) on Highway 159 and go about 2 miles to the park. From about April through November, the park can be reached via the Merrimac free ferry, State Highway 113 and County Highway DL.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote