Old 02-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #31
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The meal plans, depending on how you eat, do save money. Last time, we had a full meal plan, 3 full meals & snacks, and had dinner in castle, all the big character meals and it was too much food. We were stuffed all the time, but we had reservations 6 mos. in advance for some of the dinners. Most of the time, the dinners came to around $200+ for 5 of us, which it was all included in our plan. Doing it again and camping, we would do 1 dinner and a snack per day. After 6 days at Disney, we left on the final day with boxed lunches for all of us for 2 days(deli sandwiches & chips) and around 30 snacks and drinks, all of which we didn't use of our plan. I even "bought" deserts for a family and some kids who were just standing nearby.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by captbenjy View Post
Hope on making the trip there in Mid April ourselves. Trying to finalize a few things now so I can go ahead and book our site.
Just booked for November. Looks like they are filling up fast. Best to call vs booking on line.

Powerblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #33
Camper Less Camping

IMO...the 1meal & snack plan works great due to breakfast at the camper, inside the park for lunch & afternoon snack then wrap up dinner either back at the camper or a quick pick up.

The cost to stay at the Fort is much higher than what most people pay on other campground vacations BUT you get so much value for the dollar at the Fort that it makes the expense a wash...IMO

We always enjoy the premium sites for their location in the campground and the spaciousness between campers, you pay for it, especially during peak season but it's worth it!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #34

Booked our premium site for April 14-21 yesterday. Can't wait as it'll be my first time also!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by captbenjy
Booked our premium site for April 14-21 yesterday. Can't wait as it'll be my first time also!
Have fun! Disney is a great expeience.

After reading all of the posts here we called and changed our reservation from a full hookup to a premium. Sounds like it is the best way to go.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #36

Really want to avoid sand as much as possible. My 4 year old will have 50 monster trucks in whatever sand he can find and must bring them inside at night. Also read that some other sites were so narrow you couldn't put the awning out completely.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #37
Camper Less Camping

You will not regret paying extra for the Premium sites once you do a drive by in the other sections! Enjoy...

We'll try to keep the Fort in shape while we're there during the 1st week of April for ya...no promises!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #38
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by captbenjy View Post
Really want to avoid sand as much as possible. My 4 year old will have 50 monster trucks in whatever sand he can find and must bring them inside at night. Also read that some other sites were so narrow you couldn't put the awning out completely.

Here is a link to video of all the loops at fort wilderness. After looking at the campground map and all the loops we decided to request 1300 loop because it is close to the pool, campfire and playground without being on top of them. Reading on fortfiends.net it sounds like 1300 and 1400 loops are the most popular for the premium sites due to proximity to activities. Look around on the board over there and they will tell you what loops are good or dog park etc. I was gonna book a preferred site until I read on there and then i went with a premium site.

http://http://www.fortfiends.net/_/a...oopssites-r263
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #39

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out when I get back to shore and have faster Internet. I will try and call and see if I can request a certain loop.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
You will not regret paying extra for the Premium sites once you do a drive by in the other sections! Enjoy...

We'll try to keep the Fort in shape while we're there during the 1st week of April for ya...no promises!!!
Just remember Mardi Gras is over and the Tigers didn't win a bowl game and the Saints didn't make the playoffs. Not much to celebrate.