Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #1

Forced from Natchez State Park

What started out as and should have been an awesome Memorial Day long weekend was ruined by TICK's. We went to Natchez State Park, a place we have been before and loved it. We couldn't believe it. The place was infested with ticks. We literally couldn't walk outside with out having ticks crawling on us. We couldn't stay one more day so we packed up and came home.
I have been an outdoorsman all my life and have never seen anything like this. I was booked in Natchez for Labor day but my wife cancelled that last night. She will NOT be going back to Natchez. We were fortunate to be able to reserve at Paul B. Johnson SP for Labor Day and we look forward to it but we will be on tick alert.
Pirogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
Camper Less Camping

Sorry to hear that...our last camp trip there was about 4yrs ago but in February, perfect weather as it was crisp & cold w/ no bugs!

Old 05-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
What started out as and should have been an awesome Memorial Day long weekend was ruined by TICK's. We went to Natchez State Park, a place we have been before and loved it. We couldn't believe it. The place was infested with ticks. We literally couldn't walk outside with out having ticks crawling on us. We couldn't stay one more day so we packed up and came home.
I have been an outdoorsman all my life and have never seen anything like this. I was booked in Natchez for Labor day but my wife cancelled that last night. She will NOT be going back to Natchez. We were fortunate to be able to reserve at Paul B. Johnson SP for Labor Day and we look forward to it but we will be on tick alert.
That's too bad, ever find out whats causing it?
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
Now a "Top Member"

When we moved to East Texas (looonnnggg time ago), the first year we were there the ticks were like you describe. They were never that bad again (for the time I lived there anyway). Don't give up on the place yet...see if it's just a bad year for them. You never know.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote