Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2015, 06:20 AM   #1

Goose Island State Park Wi.

Staying there this spring. Any special instructions? We plan on taking the kayak out but not breaking any speed or distance records with it.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:33 AM   #2

Hope it is nice! We are booked there over the 4th of July weekend.
2012 HD Ultra Classic
MN John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #3

Goose Island is great for kayaking. You'll love it. I haven't been there in a long time and it looks like they added a lot of RV sites. Was going to stay there last year for Oktoberfest, but ended up staying at Pettitbone in LaCrescent. When I was looking at Goose Island again, it looked like some of those sites were set up for 20a service, so be mindful of what the electrical service is at your site and let me know how things are looking there these days.
papesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:06 AM   #4

We camped at Goose Island over Memorial Day weekend in 2013. Very large and nice park, the camp sites were pretty close together. The river was very high that spring, and all the river front sites were closed due to flooding. We attempted to kayak around the island, and enjoyed a good paddle downstream on the backside of the island, lots of wildlife, I think we followed their canoe trail. When we rounded the island to head back north in the main river channel, the current was too strong and we had to pull into the south boat landing and bum a ride back to the campground. We still had a good time.
pschnetts is offline   Reply With Quote