Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2015, 05:56 AM   #1

Hide Away Campground at Beaver Lake Arkansas

Has anybody stayed at this campground recently or have you been by and put eyes on it? We have reservations for September and have not seen it. Starting to second guess our decision. All comments appreciated. Have a great day and happy camping! Spring can't get here soon enough.

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:49 AM   #2
Site Team

Checked Woodalls and found it but no reviews.... Google earth shows the CG is
pretty small and sites are side-by-side close. Donno what to tell you other than
if that's the area you want to be then go for it. It's reasonably priced. No 50A
so keep that in mind. You don't mention what size rig you have. We prefer the smaller
out of the way camp grounds!
Here's google earth view- must have been taken in winter so don't let all
the bare trees in the images throw you off.
http://tinyurl.com/qzmbgg9
Good luck!
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:08 AM   #3

Did you check any of the Corps sites? Several around the lake, all are pretty nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

108 days camped 2013
74 days camped 2014 so far
iluvlcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:45 PM   #4

We've been looking for a place to stay for bikes, blues and barbecue. If anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears. Really looking for something with full hookups within 30 to 45 minutes of Fayetteville. Looked at the CoE spots on line but that's all. Some of the reviews on Hide Away were harsh so hoping that someone could either confirm or deny. Either way my mind would be at rest. There will be two trailers traveling and one cabin/hotel couple. Thanks for the info in advance.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:51 AM   #5

Natural Falls SP in Ok is about 40 miles from Fayetteville full hookups, beautiful park , can be reserved as well.

108 days camped 2013
Old 02-18-2015, 10:44 AM   #6
Bill & Janet

Not only is natural Falls State Park in Oklahoma and good choice but Devils Den State Park in Arkansas is a good campsite. Don't know if you've been to Bikes Blues and Barbecue before but don't cancel your current reservation until you get a new one. The closer you get to September the harder it is to get a reservation anywhere. The wife and I ride our bikes up to Winslow where we have a cabin reserved each year. Maybe we'll pass each other driving up and down Dickson Street.
km5xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:59 AM   #7

We love Devils Den as well , beautiful park.

108 days camped 2013
Old 02-18-2015, 12:31 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I wouldn't stay at Hide away again if it was free? The owner of the place is an absolute jerk! I stayed here for about a month when I first moved to Arkansas. Do you have to bring your trailers or would you be OK in a fully furnished 2 bedroom house with 2 car garage? Pm be if I can help you with any info on Northwest Arkansas!

mackman1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:33 PM   #9

https://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/
has a rally in September and shows places to camp on the website.
I assume that is the rally you are gong to?
Old 02-18-2015, 02:34 PM   #10

Beaver Lake, AR Campsights

Chip -
I have a home on Beaver Lake and it is a great place to live. Our home is at the north end of the Lake, near Beaver Dam. There are numerous state and federal campgrounds around the Lake, which is managed by the Corps of Engineers.

One of the nicest COE RV campgrounds is right near the Dam - it is an island surrounded by clean clear water with a causeway access - beautiful views, spacious and very safe for free-range kids. See: Campsite Map V2 - DAM SITE LAKE CAMPGROUND, AR - Recreation.gov . Other woodsy camping areas are also available below the Dam right on the White River which is known for it excellent trout and walleye fisheries.

Eureka Springs - a great tourist town with lots of restaurants, watering holes and shopping -is about eight miles away, and the Rogers, Bentonville, Springdale, Fayetteville megapolis is about a half hour in the other direction, on the west side of the Lake. Then there is Branson, MO about an hour to the east which is known for its stage shows and music theatres.

If you like to camp, fish, shop, golf or just enjoy beautiful surroundings, you' will love this place, as we do. And if you would like to read more about Beaver Lake, go to: https://sites.google.com/site/aroundbeaverlake/ .

Regards, Alex
Alexha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
https://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/
has a rally in September and shows places to camp on the website.
I assume that is the rally you are gong to?
That is the rally we are heading to. We looked there as well and were trying to keep our options open. We are also looking for recommendations from anyone who has stayed in this area. Boots on the ground, eyeballing the site is the best information.

Thanks all for the information. This has been very helpful.

Tags
mpg