Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2017, 08:03 PM   #1

If you're in Kansas City...

If you happen to find yourself in the KC area, or just passing through...be sure to stop in and check out 'The National WWI Museum and Memorial' Spent several hours in there on Saturday the 23rd and it was well worth the money. Wish we would've had time to spend the whole day, but what we did see, was incredible. The amount of history of "The Great War" is astounding to see. Being somewhat of a military history geek, I was truly amazed at the amount of information that I did not know about WWI. Be sure to check it out if you get the chance.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:45 PM   #2

Went there with my aunt and uncle. They were looking for relatives from ww1. They found them with help of the staff and then we're provided with additional contacts to add to the history. They were very interested in discharge papers letters and any diary anyone may have kept. It is a great museum and worth the time. I am local and have been several times. Each time I learn something new.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
Went there with my aunt and uncle. They were looking for relatives from ww1. They found them with help of the staff and then we're provided with additional contacts to add to the history. They were very interested in discharge papers letters and any diary anyone may have kept. It is a great museum and worth the time. I am local and have been several times. Each time I learn something new.
I will make it a point to get down there again and spend more time. I'm about 180 miles to your north.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:09 AM   #4
Site Team

My son studies WWI, and we flew up there to visit this museum summer before last. It was very interesting.

We also enjoyed visiting Union Station down the hill.

We also took the free to ride streetcars from Union Station to the Arabia Steamboat Museum.

I would recommend visiting the Arabia if you go back.

A Historic Kansas City Attraction &laquo The Arabia Steamboat Museum - A Historic Kansas City Attraction Arabia Steamboat Museum – Kansas City

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:27 AM   #5

If you are in Columbus, GA area stop and visit the Civil War Naval Museum. It is very interesting and they have remenats of a ship they dug up.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
My son studies WWI, and we flew up there to visit this museum summer before last. It was very interesting.

We also took the free to ride streetcars from Union Station to the Arabia Steamboat Museum.

A Historic Kansas City Attraction &laquo The Arabia Steamboat Museum - A Historic Kansas City Attraction Arabia Steamboat Museum – Kansas City
X2 on the Arabia, will have to check out the WWI museum
ACE110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
If you happen to find yourself in the KC area, or just passing through...be sure to stop in and check out 'The National WWI Museum and Memorial' Spent several hours in there on Saturday the 23rd and it was well worth the money. Wish we would've had time to spend the whole day, but what we did see, was incredible. The amount of history of "The Great War" is astounding to see. Being somewhat of a military history geek, I was truly amazed at the amount of information that I did not know about WWI. Be sure to check it out if you get the chance.
Another thing to remember about that WW1 museum, Wednesday is senior day and if you are old like me you get a handsome discount!!
commishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post

Didn't have time to visit Arabia, but planning on working that into the itinerary next trip down.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishh View Post
Another thing to remember about that WW1 museum, Wednesday is senior day and if you are old like me you get a handsome discount!!
Getting closer by the year...let's just say I get discounts if it over 55