Old 06-13-2016, 09:19 AM   #111
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide View Post
Flying Squirrel (Pinicon Ridge Park) is a very nice campground. Mostly pull through spots and easy river access. The paved trail was nice for bicycle riding and the hiking trails were pretty good also. Canoe and paddle boat rental is within walking distance. We had a lot of fun there.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Old 06-14-2016, 03:17 AM   #112
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Camping at a private spot outside Lowden Friday and Saturday. Should be a good time with good friends!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:05 AM   #113

Heading to Earlville this Thursday through Sunday for the Romper Room fun run at Earlville Speedway. I forgot to reserve a spot back in January so I will be dry camping there. I think I should be able to make it and we will have a generator. https://www.facebook.com/ROMPER-ROOM...-275076507965/
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2015-didn't count
Nights camped 2016-43...so far
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #114
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Camping at a private spot outside Lowden Friday and Saturday. Should be a good time with good friends!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Aaaaaaa yep!

Old 06-14-2016, 09:50 AM   #115
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Heading to Earlville this Thursday through Sunday for the Romper Room fun run at Earlville Speedway. I forgot to reserve a spot back in January so I will be dry camping there. I think I should be able to make it and we will have a generator. https://www.facebook.com/ROMPER-ROOM...-275076507965/
Yeah you'll be fine!

Old 06-17-2016, 08:51 AM   #116

Almost wishing I had bought the generator...

Old 06-17-2016, 09:10 AM   #117

Quote:
Flying Squirrel (Pinicon Ridge Park) is a very nice campground. Mostly pull through spots and easy river access. The paved trail was nice for bicycle riding and the hiking trails were pretty good also. Canoe and paddle boat rental is within walking distance. We had a lot of fun there.

Ugh, I need to check this more often! I was up there the week before and I am up there again this weekend. I love the Squirrel as I can drive in to work from there. The only down side is you really need to get up there Tuesday or Wednesday night if you want the better spots by the water. Glad you had fun and sorry I missed you by a week!

The water is way up this weekend...might make my usual paddle upstream downright impossible.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
Ugh, I need to check this more often! I was up there the week before and I am up there again this weekend. I love the Squirrel as I can drive in to work from there. The only down side is you really need to get up there Tuesday or Wednesday night if you want the better spots by the water. Glad you had fun and sorry I missed you by a week!

The water is way up this weekend...might make my usual paddle upstream downright impossible.
Are you up there today? I will be driving by sometime after 2pm on my way back up to Earlville. Yeah the DNR guy said if not there early Wednesday might not get a spot. We really enjoyed it there and will be trying to go back again this year.
We rented a canoe and went upstream for a bit. What/where is a good point for canoe/kayak/tube to float back downstream? There were people that hauled up river somewhere and were gone for like 7-8 hours. They floated back to the campground. Looked like a lot of fun so now I am in the process of looking for tubes or kayaks to do the same thing. Are there bars/towns to stop at or do you need to haul all the food and drinks with you?
Old 06-17-2016, 11:50 AM   #119

I probably won't be up there until closer to 5...went in to work for a while today. There are 3 good spots to drop in. One is up at sutliffe bridge (i think) but that is only like an hour float down even with sand bar stops. You can go up to Paris Road (i think) and that is a several hour adventure or all the way up to Troy Mills for an all-day adventure. There are so many sand bars that you can make it as long or quick as you like with stops. There is also a fun trip to go from the Wakpikada campground across the road just below the dam and go down to Waubeek. There is a ramp at an old bar/restaurant there where you can get out, hang out for a while and call for a pickup.

I will scan in a map sometime and send it to you. I probably won't be up there until later in July but we camp up there a ton in the fall and generally a pretty good group forms to watch Hawkeye football games in the great fall weather.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:56 AM   #120

A friend just asked if I thought there might be spots open so I am going to drive through and set a tent up for him since I am heading that way.

I used to get season tickets to the Hawkeyes but decided I liked camping way better. Love watching the games while camping. I cancelled Directv this year so I might need to hook up with you and a group so I can watch them!

Tags
camping