Old 07-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Looking at their campground map, it appears there is a boat launch very near your campsite.

Here is also a personal website with pics, where someone stayed in campsite #26, that may help you from their description.

Lake Ouachita State Park - Campgrounds
Wow, thank you for the link to your website. That's fantastic and gives us a better idea of the area. My Mother in law and her family grew up in Malvern / Arkadelphia so my wife spent a little time in the area as a kid but we've never done camping time in the Ozarks. Pretty sure we will this next spring.

2016 Ford F150 Platinum
2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 233RBS
Prior: Jayco Pop Up, Shasta Bunkhouse, Rockwood 2560G Pop Up
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #12
We live own by Galveston texas and went to Ouachita in the middle of October. We stayed in section c. We could see the marina from our spot. Really nice park.

eisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #13
Been to Ouachita State Park, but only stayed one night as we were en route home to TX after visiting Bull Shoals. It was a great trip and Ouachita was a nice park. I would like to go back for a longer stay. If I remember right, there is only one long uphill pull, but it is just after you turn a corner and you can't get a run at it. I think you will be fine.
Steve and Marlene and 2 Furry Kids. LB (Maltese) Rocky (Border Terrier)
2013 Coachmen Catalina 25RKS 2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab
Stg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #14
"...there is only one long uphill pull" - now I'm a bit worried. We are in the process of finding a truck, though, so maybe we'll be all set by the time we leave. Yes, thanks wmtire for that fantastic site! It looks beautiful!!!
Jackie, Paul & Zyriah
Wybdgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #15
Originally Posted by Wybdgrl View Post
Well, since we'll probably still be in the upper 90s-100s here it will be heavenly to be in the high 80s.
not sure if you have left yet but if not...2 of the last 3 nights i turned my ac off. last few days it has been low 90's and nights have been about 70. i'm about 30 miles from hot springs and ouchita. the good thing about that lake is you can pull up on an island and picnic, grill, maybe even camp. there's no residential shore lines. just remember it's a national park, buckle up, don't speed, those fed boys will stick ya! hot springs is a great place and if you go there i recommend eating at rolando's across central st. from the arlington. very unique menu and food, i think he is a chef from south america somewhere and she is an arkansas native and they combined recipes. casual, and reasonable prices and the food really is good.
rb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #16
We haven't left yet - leaving Thursday. I've been watching the temps and with the low in the 60s it will be perfect!! Oh, and I'm not worried about our ability to tow the camper. We are now the proud owners of a beautiful blue Ford F150 so we're ready to go! Thanks for all your info. We will definitely try out Rolando's, too. Happy Camping!!

Jackie, Paul & Zyriah
Wybdgrl is offline   Reply With Quote