Old 09-15-2014, 02:23 AM   #1

Looking for campground South Padre TX

My 3 kids and I looking for a month long campground on beach in SE Texas during December! Kids range from 10-21y, going during college break for the oldest one. We have never been to Texas. Been looking at South Padre. Has anyone stayed at Island RV Resort?? Want a nice campground but not too primitive and not with a lot of workers since I have children. We are flexible with the area as long as it is walking distance to beach

Nights camped 2015 3
Duramax mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #2

There is a nice KOA on the water in South Padre Island. I have been there but not to RV there. I don't think you could get a better view and it appears very nice. I don't know about the cost? I would thing that there would not be to many people that time of year and I have never seen a worker there. Good Luck
PS: have you thought about southern Florida? I am from SE Texas about 35 miles NNE of Houston and if it were me that is were I would be going.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:41 PM   #3

I have thought of SE Florida but cannot find a campground on the internet that isn't a resort, or for 55+! I've also noticed in SE Florida they are pricey, wanting more budget friendly campground! If anyone knows of anything please let me know!
Nights camped 2015 3
Duramax mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #4

There is a state park on the island wirh rv parking - we have driven thru it but never stayed there, however we have some friends that stayed there many seasons. Don't know the name off hand.

ehpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehpeters View Post
There is a state park on the island wirh rv parking - we have driven thru it but never stayed there, however we have some friends that stayed there many seasons. Don't know the name off hand.
Mustang Island State park. About 25 minutes from corpus Christi or Port Aransas.

Other options may be the two Nueces county parks. $150 for 7 nights. Not very pretty, no playground, but showers are clean. Both are adjacent to long fishing piers: Bob Hall and Horace Caldwell. Horace Caldwell and the co located park are in Port Aransas. Bob Hall pier and Padre Balli Park are near Flour Bluff.

Also there is a National Park further down Park Road 22, but I have never been there and don't recall the name.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #6

Definitly check Port Aransas Area

You folks need to check Port Aransas area. Several parks next to the beach and within walking distance. For $12.00 buy a beach parking permit which is good for the season I believe and you can park right on the beach. You may also drive on the beach road which is controlled and patrolled by Port A police. The park you may want to check out is Pioneer Beach RV park and resort. Direct access to beach from their private board walk. Large park so you should have no trouble getting reservations.

We have stayed there when we had business in Corpus Christi but we winter in a smaller park in Port A. Also you are on the shuttle route so it is only a quarter per person per ride in to Port A for eating and shopping.

All in all a decent and safe area for families.

Dave

Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg