Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2017, 07:16 AM   #1

Looking for recommendations on a nice RV park for a winter stay in Gulf Shores, Orange

Want to get out of the northern winter in January and February. Would appreciate recommendations on places to stay for a month or more.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2017, 07:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalenss View Post
Want to get out of the northern winter in January and February. Would appreciate recommendations on places to stay for a month or more.

Thanks
We stayed at Lazy Days KOA in Tucson for two months last winter. Compared to other places, not unreasonable, and very nice park. Lots of things to see and do in Tucson, too. If you are considering it, book now. The World's largest gem and mineral show takes place in Tucson in late January / early February, so book early, as everything fills up quickly.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:30 AM   #3

Anchors aweigh rv resort in Foley Al. is real nice and is close to everything , lots of snowbirds.
Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas
Sailor Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Bill View Post
Anchors aweigh rv resort in Foley Al. is real nice and is close to everything , lots of snowbirds.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2017, 08:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
We stayed at Lazy Days KOA in Tucson for two months last winter. Compared to other places, not unreasonable, and very nice park. Lots of things to see and do in Tucson, too. If you are considering it, book now. The World's largest gem and mineral show takes place in Tucson in late January / early February, so book early, as everything fills up quickly.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2017, 12:38 PM   #6

In the Gulf Shores area my first choice would be Gulf State Park. It’s a beautiful state park with 400 full hookup sites and they allow snowbirding. However, because many RVers snowbird there every winter you might not be able to get a spot. I would call them anyway since there are always a few cancellations due to health or other reasons.

My second choice for a place to winter in Gulf Shores would be Island Retreat RV Park. We’ve spent a lot of time at Island Retreat. It’s a nice park in a good location.

My third choice would be Sugar Sands RV Park. This is a relatively new park in the Gulf Shores area. We’ve driven through the park and it looks better than Island Retreat very nice.

My last choice would be Luxury RV Park in the heart of the city of Gulf Shores.

All of these parks are very popular with snowbirds so you better start calling now if you want to find a spot to winter.

Sorry I can’t help you with Orange Beach.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:05 PM   #7

We stayed at Lake Osprey in Elberta AL. this is very close to the Gulf Shores about a 10 to 15 min drive.

We had a 75' back-in site, 50AMPs, with full hook-ups and our month stay was less than $28.00 a day. This included the use of the exercise room, pickle ball courts and free use of the laundry machines for our laundry. Nice private park which really is a resort for rver's. We would defiantly go back to this resort when we go to the Gulf Shores again in the future.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:12 PM   #8

We stay at Sugar Sands RV Resort every year. I would give it 4.5 stars. They do fill up quickly.
ccsvolsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:53 PM   #9

Quote:

Thanks
Depending on your budget and what you are looking for amenities wise. Pandion Ridge RV Resort. Very nice sites and the best internet I have seen.
Pandion Ridge Luxury RV Resort - Orange Beach, AL We like this park very much and would stay there any time.
Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:20 PM   #10

Have you checked the average temperature for Gulf Shores? Not far enough south for me. Just my opinion.

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:41 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
About 10 miles East of Orange Beach is A&M Perdido Key RV Resort in Florida. We love it there, the people and staff are terrific, lots of activities and it's on the Inter Coastal Waterway. Check it out, but the reservations might be full now. A&M Perdido Key RV Resort | We Rent RV Sites, Marina Slips And Beach Condos

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsvolsfan View Post
We stay at Sugar Sands RV Resort every year. I would give it 4.5 stars. They do fill up quickly.

I see this is close to the airport. How is the noise from aircraft?
Old 06-22-2017, 04:38 PM   #13

Quote:

Thanks
If your in a class A
Bella Tera , Foley , Al. We were very comfortable there, probably 15 miles from gulf shores, many nice restraunts . Sorta gets you away from beach food an higher prices
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:41 PM   #14

My first choice would be Luxury RV Resort. Full hookups, cable on site laundry. Within walking distance of the beach highway (3 blocks) and numerous good restaurants, i.e. Original Oyster House.
tomrob1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:52 PM   #15

Sun N Fun Resort---Sarasota,Fl 125+/- amenities a month
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:59 PM   #16

Near Gulf Shores

Quote:

Thanks
You can actually stay at Gulf State Park. It is about 700 month. Looking for something on the cheap, try Hilltop RV park in Robertsdale. It is about 25 miles north of the Orange beach area. We stayed there last year. 300 per month for 30 amp and 325 for 50 amp. They have great WIFI that we used to stream Net Flix. It is a child free park, though.
bobr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudysWorld View Post
Have you checked the average temperature for Gulf Shores? Not far enough south for me. Just my opinion.
Not far enough south for me either! Actually, about the same weather as here in Coastal SE NC.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:44 PM   #18

Thanks to everyone for posting suggestions based in your experiences.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:58 PM   #19

We have spent 15 winters in the Gulf Shores area. Here are our recommendations; sugar Sands is the nicest park in the area, Pandion ridge is brand new last year, Island Retreat was where we started - great location, very poor up keep, alot of full time residents there now, Luxury is close to the beach but the sites are very small, Gulf State Park, raised their rates a year ago and alot of people were mad and left - they have no wifi or cable t.v., Lake Ospry Rv park is out in the middle of no where and they really want you to buy a lot, Anchors Aweigh RV is in Foley it is 7 miles from the beach but is close to Lowes, Home Depot etc. I think you would be the happiest at Sugar Sands RV or Pandion Ridge RV. Where ever you try to go GET YOUR RESERVATION NOW. ALL of the Parks are full Jan., FEB. and March.
wbonta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbonta123 View Post
We have spent 15 winters in the Gulf Shores area. Here are our recommendations; sugar Sands is the nicest park in the area, Pandion ridge is brand new last year, Island Retreat was where we started - great location, very poor up keep, alot of full time residents there now, Luxury is close to the beach but the sites are very small, Gulf State Park, raised their rates a year ago and alot of people were mad and left - they have no wifi or cable t.v., Lake Ospry Rv park is out in the middle of no where and they really want you to buy a lot, Anchors Aweigh RV is in Foley it is 7 miles from the beach but is close to Lowes, Home Depot etc. I think you would be the happiest at Sugar Sands RV or Pandion Ridge RV. Where ever you try to go GET YOUR RESERVATION NOW. ALL of the Parks are full Jan., FEB. and March.
Those sound like some good recommendations. Due to uncontrollable circumstances we haven’t been to Gulf Shores for two years so it sounds like there have been some changes. The Pandion Ridge RV Park looks beautiful, thanks for sharing that information.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter