Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2017, 08:56 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbonta123 View Post
We have spent 15 winters in the Gulf Shores area. Here are our recommendations; sugar Sands is the nicest park in the area, Pandion ridge is brand new last year, Island Retreat was where we started - great location, very poor up keep, alot of full time residents there now, Luxury is close to the beach but the sites are very small, Gulf State Park, raised their rates a year ago and alot of people were mad and left - they have no wifi or cable t.v., Lake Ospry Rv park is out in the middle of no where and they really want you to buy a lot, Anchors Aweigh RV is in Foley it is 7 miles from the beach but is close to Lowes, Home Depot etc. I think you would be the happiest at Sugar Sands RV or Pandion Ridge RV. Where ever you try to go GET YOUR RESERVATION NOW. ALL of the Parks are full Jan., FEB. and March.
We stayed at Lake Osprey last year and were never once ask to buy a lot. No mention at all, but we did discuss the facilities with the management team on site. They were inquiring on what we thought about the pool, gym, meeting room/kitchen and pickle ball courts!

For me Lake Osprey was the perfect resort because it was quiet at night, roomy and no light pollution at night from city lights.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:10 AM   #22

Williston Crossings RV Resort in Williston, FL is a very nice resort in north central Florida. The resort is near Ocala, Gainesville, and less than 45 minutes from Cedar Key. St. Augustine is about 1.5 to 2 hours away, as is Orlando, Tampa, and Tallahassee. The University of Florida has a lot of cultural activities available, including plays, music, and sports. Williston is a small town, but there are two grocery stores, a few restaurants, pharmacies, etc. Ocala horse country is close by and has many scenic drives. I don't know if they have availability because it is a popular resort, but you could try. They have a lot of activities available at the resort as well.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #23

Sorry - I did not see you asked about Alabama area. Please disregard my post as above.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:43 PM   #24

Thanks to all for your recommendations and comments. Very helpful. This is what makes the forum a great resource.

Yes, a few of the places are already booked. Have reservation at Pandion Ridge for Jan - Feb.

Thanks.
Pat.

Tags
winter