Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2016, 12:11 PM   #1

Lost Valley Lake Resort Owensville MO

Anybody a Owner here? Do you like it, good or bad? My mother in law is a owner there and she doesn't use it anymore.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #2

Well let me start off with I am not a member nor do I plan to become one. I went there as a guest to spend the day with a friend who was on a 2 night camping trip. He was given a free two night voucher when he purchased his TT from a dealer in St.L.
So, we went and it seemed like there was a lot to do with the kids with the highlight being a large inflated jump pad. But as far a the camping it is pretty barren sights for the most part they are plenty big but next to no shade. Also nearly every 3rd or 4th site is occupied with a old 1970's ish mobile home that people can rent. They look ran down and many have the wheels and axles removed. I know this makes me sound like a yuppy but I'm not I am a state park camper for the most part. For the new membership price tag starting at 5k I see no reason with going with this place, unless you only are wanting to go to one place and one place only and your kids can enjoy all of the amenities.
ffp322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerber View Post
Anybody a Owner here? Do you like it, good or bad? My mother in law is a owner there and she doesn't use it anymore.
We use to have a ownership there about 16 years ago. We found someone wanting to sell their Executive membership which was the highest membership back then. We paid $2000. for it where they were selling them at the resort for $8000. or more. It only cost us $32. to transfer titles then. I have heard that Lost Valley has fixed it now so you have to pay $1500. to transfer the title if you don't buy if from them. Dues were $335. back then and I think they are $550. now. For camping it isn't bad and you can store your RV there for free. It just isn't something my wife and I want to do. You would more or less be stuck going to one place unless you live close or keep your RV with you. If you rent one of the condos you are at the mercy of your neighbors if they are noisy.
It would take us about an hour and 45 min's to get there, so we took that into consideration when we decided to sell our ownership. For us it wasn't worth it.
On a lighter note, our niece is engaged to a nice young man who does have a ownership there and they have invited up there to spend the weekend sometime. That we may do just to check it out compare it to how it was.
Good luck with what you decide.
Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote