Old 02-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #11

Kirby Landing COE park Kirby, AR (45 min west of Hot Springs) is awesome...beautiful lake, restaurant at marina, small motel and the sites are huge, flat and we love it so much we have stayed 14 days one trip and stayed the whole month of October the second....and we used our Golden Ager card for the half price discount both times. The lots are huge and above flood level the sites are full hookups. No cable and can't pick up any tv channels but with a satellite you're good to go. Cell phone service is great. Really really pretty place. Oh yes, new bath houses...no laundry at the upper loop (newest) where we stayed but the old loop does have a laundry I think.

We went to DeGray year before last (not camping) visiting friends who were camping and the sites were so weedy it was scarey to even walk from the truck to the campers....I think they said they hadnt had time to weed eat but they forbid you to weedeat your own site.

We camp in N. Louisiana most because we are only 13 miles from the N. Louisiana border. Lake Claiborne State Park is great. We have a site reserved in March. We camped there twice last year and once the year before (we got our first camper late in the season). We also love Jimmie Davis State Park near Jonesboro/Hodge LA. Beautiful lake....nice sites and a place at Claiborne AND Jimmie Davis to tie our party barge up close to the camper.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanna1946 View Post
We camp in N. Louisiana most because we are only 13 miles from the N. Louisiana border. Lake Claiborne State Park is great. We have a site reserved in March. We camped there twice last year and once the year before (we got our first camper late in the season). We also love Jimmie Davis State Park near Jonesboro/Hodge LA. Beautiful lake....nice sites and a place at Claiborne AND Jimmie Davis to tie our party barge up close to the camper.
We have passed by Jimmy Davis a couple times without the trailer. how difficult would it be to get a 36' 5th wheel in there (assuming that i am a less than average driver)?

Old 02-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #13

jimh, it would be no problem at all. Our friends we camp with have a 35' fifth wheel and they had no problems. The lots are level (thats what we like being sort of new campers ourselves) and they also have internet provided which was a plus. We just bought a 38 ft fifth wheel and will probably camp there this year. Try it out...I think you'll like it! The lots we have camped in at Lake Claiborne are somewhat hilly and that was a challenge for new campers...especially a 29 ft bumper pull....especially for seniors whose reflexes arent what they used to be. I usually jump out of the truck and hide behind a tree with my fingers in my ears while my husband backs the camper in. I know...I've got to get over that.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #14

We like Daisy State Park which is about 30 miles south of Hot Springs.
2005 Harley Davidson Superglide
2008 Harley Davidson Streetglide
NostalgiaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #15

Crater of Diamonds state park is a little south of Daisy. It has some full hook-ups and is really clean. Besides that, there have been a lot of diamonds being found lately.

2011 Sierra 355 QBQ
04 Ford F350 V10
blatch70 is offline   Reply With Quote