Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
one day at a time

Mark Twain Lake MO

Set out for trip #2 in our 26TBUD this last weekend. Ray Behrens Campground @ Mark Twain Lake was the destination. I must say this trip was not without incident but alot of fun! For starters there was a 20-30 mph crosswind on the interstate but I managed. Then once in MO highway J which goes to the cg was closed for bridge work (uh oh) time for plan b get a map. Finally made it around the lake near the cg and missed it. No big deal except next stop is bridge out and it was nearing dark and i rushed to turned around and severed the trailer light cable when it pinched between something but made it to my spot only not to be able to back up because the breaks would lock when i tried to back until i unplugged the trailer lights?? Finally settled and unpacked we begin to enjoy and AWESOME campground and even better lake! Day 2 came with its fair share of adventure as well. Got the boat to the lake and it would start but we pushed on and we got it. After bout 20 minutes we discovered the trolling motor didn't work and in the middle of dropping anchor experienced a small electrical fire and tail between our legs gave up and returned to camp. Project time! What do we have to fix these lights? not much thats what! however we managed to get brake and turn signals and I decide thats enough to limp home. All in all a fun trip can't sweat the small stuff! Mark Twain Lake and Ray Behrens are highly recommended! I know they aren't off the beaten path or even unknown but they are well worth the trip!
Idle_Idylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
(Kim)

Did you take any scenery pics?
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
one day at a time

No, sorry the weather was crappy and I didn't take my camera out.
Idle_Idylist is offline   Reply With Quote