Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2015, 08:44 AM   #1

Missouri Flooding

We have had copious amounts of rain in MO recently so anyone with campground reservations near a body of water might want to call to be sure the campground is open. Currently St. Francis State Park is closed and the Mississippi Campground at Trail of Tears State Park will close tomorrow. I haven’t heard anything about Meramec State Park or Onondaga State Park yet. More rain is expected through Friday.

Last night a car was swept off Hamilton Hollow Road near Meramec State Park trying to cross the flooded road and the driver drowned.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:52 AM   #2

Our house was the last house on the block that didn't flood in 93 from the River Des Peres. It needs to stop raining
Old 06-17-2015, 11:32 AM   #3

I hope it dries out by Mid-Sept as we make our way out west to New Mexico.

I know in Northern IL we have had flash flood warnings up for the last week or so do to all of the rain. In fact it is raining lightly right now and my rain gage is saying almost an 1" from yesterday when I empty it (24 hour period).
Old 06-17-2015, 01:25 PM   #4

Anybody have an idea how Campground #2 at Table Rock State Park is fairing? We have reservations for this weekend. Should be okay, but just wondering if anyone has feet on the ground input. Thanks in advance!

Happy Trails to all....

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:54 PM   #5

Table Rock State Park in Branson

I just talked to the park ranger at Table Rock State Park and they are not affected by the flooding. He did say the lake was 2 feet above normal, so just use some common sense. Sounds like good advice!

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBruce View Post
I just talked to the park ranger at Table Rock State Park and they are not affected by the flooding. He did say the lake was 2 feet above normal, so just use some common sense. Sounds like good advice!

That's good news. During the FROG rally in Branson the flood gates on the Table Rock Lake dam were open and they were releasing a lot of water into Taneycomo.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 06-19-2015, 09:36 AM   #7

The heavy rain is really affecting MO state parks. Here's a link to the current advisories.

https://mostateparks.com/advisories

I knew the campground at Onondaga Cave State Park would have to close, there is a high water gauge along the road to the campground.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 06-19-2015, 09:39 AM   #8

We live about 10 minutes from the State Park. The lake level is at 919, it was at 930 a few years ago and the campground has fine. Some of the docks at the State Park Marina could not be reached for several months other than by boat...not enough ramp. As luck would have it, our boat was on one of these docks. We've had enough rain for sure.
2014 Harley Davidson Tri-Glide
Will Parish is offline   Reply With Quote