Old 04-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #1

New member looking for TT recomendation

Hello All-

Just joined this fourm about 5 minutes ago. I'm an exprienced camper that is thinking about making a change in my TT setup. With all of the brands and offerings that Forrest River has to offer, I was hoping someone could help me narrow down my search. If so, that would be great. Here is my short list of what I'm looking for:

28-33 foot travel trailer
Queen bed in the back that can be in a slide or not.
Deep slide dinnette. Couch could slide with it or not.
It's just the DW and I, so we don't need a lot of beds.
Right now I have been looking at the

Wildwood Heritage Glen 262FL Travel Trailer by Forest River

I really like the floor plan, but open to other brands that may look similar. Any quality opinions on the Wildwood Heritage line would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance to any and all replies

Steve

Old 04-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums!!!

Can't help you with your question but with all the experience available here, I sure some one will give you the answers you need.

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #3

It's really a matter of preference on what You and the wife likes- We personally went looking for a trailer that "jumped out" at us with the WOW factor. Then, made sure it had all the nice options we liked that were available. Do some online research; go to forestriver.com, and check out their web page. It shows you everything that they offer, that way you can narrow down your choices. Also, bear in mind your tow vehicle; what can it handle weight-wise, and length. That should point you in the correct general direction. You'll get a hundred different opinions on why one person likes Wildwoods, another Rockwoods, and still another Flagstaff, etc. Make your own decision; then ask some owners on here how they like them. That would probably be the best recommendation I can give you! Good Luck on your decision! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
It's really a matter of preference on what You and the wife likes- We personally went looking for a trailer that "jumped out" at us with the WOW factor. Then, made sure it had all the nice options we liked that were available. Do some online research; go to forestriver.com, and check out their web page. It shows you everything that they offer, that way you can narrow down your choices. Also, bear in mind your tow vehicle; what can it handle weight-wise, and length. That should point you in the correct general direction. You'll get a hundred different opinions on why one person likes Wildwoods, another Rockwoods, and still another Flagstaff, etc. Make your own decision; then ask some owners on here how they like them. That would probably be the best recommendation I can give you! Good Luck on your decision! Randy
Have to agree, also Take Your time and Look, might even look at 5th wheels, , all depends what You Like, the right one will Jump out at You

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305

Days camped 2011 "3" so far,
Hatchet58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #5

Steve.....We just got our trailer last Oct...29FKDS Salem. 2 slides...king bed in back...front kitchen, couch and table and chairs in front slide.
Maybe not everyones "ideal" set up...but it suits us just fine.
Good luck in your search for the perfect trailer for you and your wife.

BOB
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #6

Question Bed in back

Just wondering why the bed in back ?? Is it more quiet than a front bed ?? (hearing less outside noises )
Old 04-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretired View Post
Just wondering why the bed in back ?? Is it more quiet than a front bed ?? (hearing less outside noises )
Not sure...Never had a trailer with front bedroom. We liked a combination of features in the trailer...Only 1 door, table and chair dinette, microwave mounted lower than most for the short DW, and lots of storage in bedroom. Also a heck of a deal at RV show where we found it.
Only thing I wish we had more of is outside storage space. But all of them are lacking something.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou

Since there is no information on your Tow Vehicle in your signature line (again shameless plug for complete disclosure), we really have no idea how to advise you; even though we all want to.

Make Model; Engine; Rear; Tow Rating; GVWR of your TV; would all help us narrow the search for your perfect Camper.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #9

when i bought, i wanted a 5th wheel. that is what my last one was. we liked the table and chairs and the computer desk.
if i were to buy today, i'd buy the cardnal again. i would get the same features i have now but would get a back up camera, king size bed, tire pressure monitoring system, washer dryer, and a convection microwave.

it's still a matter of preference. like what i was told when i was looking, none are going to fall apart on u. i was also told that each manufacture had its on set of problems.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Since there is no information on your Tow Vehicle in your signature line (again shameless plug for complete disclosure), we really have no idea how to advise you; even though we all want to.

Make Model; Engine; Rear; Tow Rating; GVWR of your TV; would all help us narrow the search for your perfect Camper.
Sorry Guys-
TV is 2011 Ford F-150 Ecoboost
450 miles, crew cab
3.73 rear end, max tow package
11,300 tow rating

Tags
262fl