Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2019, 05:31 PM   #1

New Orleans

My wife and I am planning a trip over to the Big Easy this fall, maybe in October. This would be our second trip over from Florida and we were wondering about campgrounds over in that area. We stayed at the KOA last year and liked it but it was a bit far from downtown and we would like to get closer. Any good or bad reviews or experiences would be appreciated. Our TT is a 26 foot 2017 Coachmen Catalina so size shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks
Eddie2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:13 AM   #2

We have stayed at French Quarter Rv Park and loved it. Walking distance to the French Quarter. Nice, safe park but pricey.
jeffv003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #3
Part-Time Campground Host

Fontainebleau State Park is nice, but it is across the causeway over Lake Pontchartrain in Mandeville, LA. It was quiet and away from the crowds.
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1687
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:27 AM   #4

Bayou segnette state park it’s on the Bayou 10 minutes from downtown really nice it’s on the opposite side of the Mississippi River.
cajunmansion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:33 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie2002 View Post
My wife and I am planning a trip over to the Big Easy this fall, maybe in October. This would be our second trip over from Florida and we were wondering about campgrounds over in that area. We stayed at the KOA last year and liked it but it was a bit far from downtown and we would like to get closer. Any good or bad reviews or experiences would be appreciated. Our TT is a 26 foot 2017 Coachmen Catalina so size shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks
The only one that is really close to downtown is the French Quarter RV Resort as jeffv003 stated. It is kinda pricey, but it does put you close to the action there.

From the RV resort, You can actually walk over to Canal or down to Rampart and catch a streetcar to get you closer to just about anywhere you may want to go in the downtown area..

If you are in the preplanning stages still, look at the streetcar routes on this website:

https://www.norta.com/Maps-Schedules/System-Map

You can actually buy jazzy passes online and have them in your pocket when you arrive, that are activated the first time you use them on a streetcar or bus.

I usually park the vehicle and use streetcars to get me around, as we go down there fairly frequently. You can also use them on the buses too. A 3 day unlimited ride pass is around $9 per person.

https://www.norta.com/store

Do you have any certain places you are wanting to visit while in the downtown area and I may can assist you in that?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote