Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #1

New RV Park

There is a new RV park currently under construction in the Gulf Shores, AL area. The park will be called Sugar Sands RV Resort and it is located on Roscoe Road just off County Road 4 (Cotton Creek Dr.) The streets have already been laid out and it looks like the RV pads will be concrete. Some of the Snowbirds here at Island Retreat have told me they plan to move to Sugar Sands for next winter. With the rain we’ve been having yesterday and today that place was a muddy mess. I’ll try to get more info about this park before we head back to St. Louis at the end of March.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #2
Camper Less Camping

Thanks for the insider info...

Old 03-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #3

How do you like Island Retreat?
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #4

We really like this park. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a solid 8. This is a commercial park and the spacing between sites is decent. There is a nice pool and playground, two small Laundromats, and clean showers and restrooms. All the sites have level concrete pads for the RVs. Some of those pads have been recently replaced because the old pads had broken up. The only two rubs I have against this park are the WiFi is inconsistent and the TV cable channels are few. Not a big deal as I carry my own WiFi and the park is close enough to get both Mobile, AL and Pensacola, FL to receive over-the-air signals. I really like the monthly rate of $446 during the snowbird season (thru Mar) which includes all amenities. That’s less than $15.00 a night, a pretty sweet deal.

The best park in the area would be the campground at Gulf State Park. Luxury RV park is another favorite down here because it’s close to shopping and restaurants and for some the public beach might be considered a walkable distance. For me, Luxury RV park is too much like a gravel parking lot. I like to have at least a little grass between the sites.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote