Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #1

North Texas Jellystone

With some of the in laws in town we decided to take an impromptu trip to Jellystone.

I'll start with the booking, I called Saturday the 5th and had no issues booking a spot. They also gave me 2 nights for the price of 1.

Since we had a group with the in laws I called back a couple times to to change our spot to get us closer together, the staff was more then accommodating and very friendly.

We arrived Sunday and had no issues getting in and set up, I noticed a lot of side x sides running around and found out you are allowed to bring your own sxs or golf cart , since we are only about 5 mins from home I got disconnected and picked up the teryx. If you bring in another trailer they do charge additional parking fee for it.

We purchased the stay and play package which if purchased ahead of stay is a little cheaper.

I'll update later today after we experience the activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Thekipkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #2

This has been one of our favorite parks for the past two years but most recently, we've been disappointed. The construction of the lazy river has torn up the Vpod area and they keep adding cabins so eventually most of the RV spaces will not exist in that area. The older sites on the other side are small and narrow. The admission fees to the water park continue to increase. It's expensive to camp there especially when you add the water park fees, any arcade activities and the cost of all the other activities such as laser tag. Last time we visited, there was dust and mud and the lots needed to be mowed. The highway noise is bad enough but add the construction noise and it's unpleasant. We have taken this park off our list until they get things more settled and completed. When I'm spending hundreds of dollars on a weekend destination, I expect a bit more. We will try again next summer and hopefully the river feature will be completed.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
CampTBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #3

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1404775488.791059.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	57514
We get into spot 98, decent spot, down side is there's not a lot of shade in the evening an the sun sets directly on you. There is a nnice smaller tree over the picnic table though.

Water park is currently under construction for the new addition, the current park is more for children 10 and under but they seemed to have a blast a it.... I will say this their prices for drinks and such is absurd

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1404775740.416046.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	875.1 KB
ID:	57516

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Thekipkers is offline   Reply With Quote