Old 03-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
Short Fun Trip - Waxahachie Creek Park

Just took a short trip to Waxahachie Creek Park (COE). Some of their newer sites are pull thru (40-60 ft) with 50 Amp with water. One item to note is the water pressure here is extremely high, bring your regulator. No sewage at site, but there is a convenient dump site on property. Our site was water front (Lake Bardwell) per se..nice big area leading down to lake. These sites have shelters with picnic tables under them and a fire ring. Since we went during the week, it was not crowded at all, but we did see a lot of Casita’s. So we pull into our site, and the site a few yards down the way has an older Casita. A few hours later, another Casita pulls in with temp tags next to the older Casita. DW and I exchange stares and attributed it coincidence. Next morning both Casita’s are gone, but later in the day another new Casita with temp tags pulls into the exact same spot as the new Casita from the previous day. Now coincidence now turning to bizarre. Next morning, the second new Casita is gone, and guess what happens…yep, another new Casita pulls into the same spot. Well DW and I need to get to the bottom of this…apparently Casita is based in Rice TX, which is about 20 miles from Waxahachie Creek Park. Many new Casita owners camp here during the initial shake down trip. While we were breaking camp, saw 2 other new Casita’s heading in from sites further down.

Normal process for us is I drive, hitch and unhitch, and take care of outside while DW handles things inside (sliders, etc). Well, DW wants to learn all aspects, so this trip she did EVERYTHING while taking plenty of notes…even dumping grey and black, hitching and driving home. We live about 15 miles from this campground and it’s a country highway (Hwy 34) and farm market road (FM 55)…so we are heading home on 34 and in the little town of Bardwell, TX somebody has driven into a telephone pole and they have the hwy shut down. So now DW has to back the rig about 20 yards to take an alternate route because the route the sheriff was sending everyone would not accommodate our rig..I look at DW and ask her if she wants me to take over, her response was don’t you dare, I got this. Well she did pretty well, the sheriff had to have a few folks move, but she did great. Even did well on the smaller country roads we were forced to take.

All in all, a success and fun trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WCPlake.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	48076   Click image for larger version

Name:	WCPrig.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	48077  

2014 Brookstone 340LS
2015 Ford F350 CC/LB King Ranch 4x4 Diesel DRW
mkoelzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
Nice looking park! I really like the shelter over the table there.

2011 Ford F-450 4x4 Lariat
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
Helmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #3
Looks like a nice park, a little far for the weekend
Pennie and Chuck, Mandi and Polly (the little dogs)
2014 Georgetown XL378, 2013 Honda CR-V AWD Toad
Days Camped 2014 - 83, 2015 - 56, 2016 - 49 and counting

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #4
Canadian Member
mkoelzer, good for your DW. She's a keeper! Either that or she's planning your demise!
2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73
Fondly remembered:
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 4x4, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:10 PM   #5
We've camped at this park many times. The folks that run it are always very nice. We've camped in a lot of the sites where the pull-thrus are. We haven't had a bad site there. Our Good Sam chapter usually camps there every year.
Steve and Marlene and 2 Furry Kids. LB (Maltese) Rocky (Border Terrier)
2013 Coachmen Catalina 25RKS 2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab
Stg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
Good to know. I live a couple of miles from there.
Preadus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #7
Might give Liberty Hill park on lake Navarro Mills near Dawson. They have shaded, some 50amp with sewer and lake views, Not too far from Waxiehache
jkaspar20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #8
Thanks jkaspar20. I will make note of it. We are heading to Roanoke, TX this weekend for the Rinehart 100 archery shoot.

2014 Brookstone 340LS
2015 Ford F350 CC/LB King Ranch 4x4 Diesel DRW
mkoelzer is offline   Reply With Quote