Old 02-16-2015, 05:53 PM   #1
South Padre Island

Headed there in late April....anyone stayed at the Isla Blanca park ? We have never been there and just wondering about how the park is the Web site is a little hard to follow and sketchy..!!!

2012 GMC 2500 HD
2011 303 RK LaCrosse Luxury Lite
Days camped 2010: 274
2011: 365
2012: 365
tbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:56 PM   #2
I stayed at that park about 10 years ago on two separate weekends during the fall. I believe the sites are spacious (as opposed to the KOA sites at SPI) and have full hookups. They do have restrooms and I believe showers as well. It is a short walk to the beach. I didn't have any complaints. But then again, I'm originally from that area and never have anything bad to say about SPI.

My mom stayed there two weeks last summer with my kids and niece. She didn't have any complaints about the area nor did my daughter. My mom and daughter are biased to SPI as will so they didn't have anything negative to say about the park other than not being able to stay there longer. There were reviews on RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks about sand burrs, but my daughter said she didn't notice any.

If I may recommend two of my favorite restaurants, Blackbeard's and Pier 19. If you wish to do any fishing Captain Murphy's has 4 hour bay fishing trips for $25. They provide the bait, tackle and pole and will clean your fish for $0.50 each. You just need to bring your own food, snacks, drinks (beer is allowed). They also have 10 hour deep sea fishing expedition for about $75.

2014 Ford F250 FX4 Crewcab Powerstroke 6.7
2014 Primetime Lacrosse 318BHS Touring Edition
RV Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:09 AM   #3
I have never stayed at Isla Blanca Park, but have been to the park several times. I normally camp at the KOA. Although the next time I go I'll stay at Isla Blanca Park.

Isla Blanca is really nice looking especially if you can get a site over looking the bay side or the jetties.

SPI is my favorite place to vacation. I feel so free there, drive on the beach or go find a nice place on the bay and kayak around. Lots of fun stuff to do, I use the break away cruise place for parasailing and snorkeling.... Amber Jacks has good steaks. talking about this makes me ready to go back... Not this year though, having a baby, so no beach vacation.....
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote